Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO 440 users  (Read 1838 times)

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
MBHO 440 users
« on: July 02, 2004, 09:47:22 AM »
so I'm going through my gear seeing if I need to pick up any additional accessories.
what shockmounts do you use with the 440? I have the standard AT ones, but with the mics only 3.3" long, will they fit with a windscreen on?

been thinking of getting an extension bar and putting that through the AT mount then putting the t-bar on the other end of the extension and just using the standard clips that come with the 440, this way I still get some shockmount protection but have the clearance needed for windscreens.

any suggestions?

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MBHO 440 users
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 07:04:08 PM »
i don't think there are many, if any, other tapers using these mics.  i had them for about two months in 2000, recorded four shows (3 complete tapes) then had to sell when i got laid off. they went to ebay... i think daryan had some for a little while too, i'm not sure what all he ran with them.  i used the sabra-som mounts and had them very close together - like 1" apart or less.

never ran them outdoors, never had windscreens for them.   i have similar problems with the oktavas which are only about an inch longer.. my solution is to only put the winscreen over about an inch of the mic, with it sorta hanging off the end.

your plan sounds good, or you might be able to just put the base of the clips in a smaller shock like the superlux or the schoeps, run vertically (see the ghetto oktavas in a schoeps mount pics in the rig pictures section for an idea)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com