Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mackie Onyx series mixers  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Mackie Onyx series mixers
« on: May 27, 2005, 03:59:03 PM »
Has anyone used the Mackie Onyx mixers yet?  I was talking with some people who have bachelors in recording technology and they agreed that this was the only mixer to spend your money on in the current market.  The pre's are supposedly top quality and have an amazing warmth and depth that you can't find in another portable type mixer.  Built in efx, simultaneous multitrack recording via firewire expansion unit. 

So what's the reality of these mixers as opposed to comissioned employees hype?  Worth taking a loan on?
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Mackie Onyx series mixers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »
i'm pretty sure mmmatt owns one. i've heard samples of his work and it sounds great as a line in mixer!  i can't comment about the pre's though.  however one of my teachers(who also just happens to be a self-proclaimed snob when it comes to gear)  just bought one because he was looking for some affordable and quality pres/ad in one box.  the going buzz on the net is that these things are the best sounding at their price point.  i'm debtating picking up one of these instead of another motu product but i haven't made up my mind yet.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 04:30:37 PM by STL-Taper »

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Mackie Onyx series mixers
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 08:14:29 PM »
I heard that these sound great but one issue people are complaining about is there is a firewire option but the option bypasses any of the effects.....sounds odd, but I haven't confirmed this yet.  I beleive I read about this on gear slutz .com
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.178 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com