Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: WaveLab Questions  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Zee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Knuckle!
WaveLab Questions
« on: May 27, 2005, 04:19:17 PM »
Okay I’m trying to learn this beast ;-) well audio editing in general. If I apply the 1:q effect and set the low to 40 and trim it down to -6.0 will this be the same as running the a bass roll off set at 40hz with a  6db slope? I’m about to start asking a bunch of question so my ignorance is going to show big time around here.. Thanks in advance for the help
4022>v2>722
Please dither and resample as you see fit!

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
Re: WaveLab Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 10:51:02 AM »
Hey now,
Just took a quick look and it would appear that the crossover is at 80 giving you a 6db per octave slope.
If your recording is too rumbly you might try to set it at 60 rolling off 6db which crossesover at 120.
Heck, roll off 12 db at these settings and you're darn close to the Thompson/Butterworth slope.
Nice lookin plug.  I usually use the Waves Rennaisance eq's.
You are on the right track.

Offline Zee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Knuckle!
Re: WaveLab Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 12:20:47 PM »
Hey now,
Just took a quick look and it would appear that the crossover is at 80 giving you a 6db per octave slope.
If your recording is too rumbly you might try to set it at 60 rolling off 6db which crossesover at 120.
Heck, roll off 12 db at these settings and you're darn close to the Thompson/Butterworth slope.
Nice lookin plug.  I usually use the Waves Rennaisance eq's.
You are on the right track.

Hey thanks man.. I need to go find me a good book on post production and read. Only problem with that is I end up asking myself more questions and then I buy more books... Its a visious cycle ;-)

4022>v2>722
Please dither and resample as you see fit!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com