Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Multicam with different formats (MAC) question.  (Read 2283 times)

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Multicam with different formats (MAC) question.
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:34:16 AM »
I'm trying to do a 3 cam mix.  2 of the angles are in SD 4x3.  The other is 16x9 (1440x1080) in a .mov file.  Would it be best to mix it into a 16x9 final product or a 4X3.  And how would I go about doing it? I'm using final cut pro 5. 
tia

edit: i'm pretty sure the solution i'm looking into would be a final 4:3 product and 'pan and scan' -ing the 16x9 angle.  i just need specifics on how to go about it i guess is what i'm asking, any tutorials out there?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:45:24 AM by firmdragon »

Offline Josh P

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Multicam with different formats (MAC) question.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
I say keep it 16:9, basically cropping the top and bottom off of the 4:3's.  I wish I could tell you how to do that, haha.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »
I say keep it 16:9, basically cropping the top and bottom off of the 4:3's.  I wish I could tell you how to do that, haha.

i was thinking about that too.  the problem is i think one or both angles have a lot of close ups so i think some of the footage may look obviously cropped. 

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:49:02 AM »
4:3 is probably going to be the easiest.  You could do a 16:9 standard def, but it would be a ton more work.  I'm already replying and can't remember what you said you were editing in FCP 5 or 6.  In 6 you can just set up a sequence in 4:3 SD and drop in the assets.  For the HD footage you can certainly shrink it down and use your key frames to scroll around the shot.  If you are in FCP you can do the same, but you have to render when you drop in the HD footage.  Make sense?

Good luck!

keytohwy

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 05:30:50 AM »
currently i'm using 5.1 pro. 

if you just drop it down in a 4:3 sequence, wouldn't you end up with a squished image? ie people would look thin?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com