Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cigar Caddy type case for 9.25" Earthworks z30x pair?  (Read 1425 times)

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
Cigar Caddy type case for 9.25" Earthworks z30x pair?
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:17:12 AM »
Does anyone have any leads on a smaller type travel case like a cigar caddy for these? The cases they came in are nice, but huge and Id rather not bring a whole other rig bag just to carry a pair of mics. Dimensions are 9.25" by 22mm. Thanks for any ideas.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cigar Caddy type case for 9.25" Earthworks z30x pair?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »
I'm not sure those cases come that long.  I have the 3140 model and the interior section is just under 8 inches long.

You could buy a couple of these 0.87" diameter plastic shipping tubes (like what Schoeps uses) and then put those in a padded bag or a Domke camera wrap.  The only thing you'd be missing from the Cigar Caddy would be waterproofing.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
The other option that would fit your mics is a Pelican 1170 or the cheaper Apache 2800.  Both are bulkier than a Cigar Caddy, but probably not as bad as the boxes Earthworks included.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 06:53:18 AM »
I'm not sure those cases come that long.  I have the 3140 model and the interior section is just under 8 inches long.

You could buy a couple of these 0.87" diameter plastic shipping tubes (like what Schoeps uses) and then put those in a padded bag or a Domke camera wrap.  The only thing you'd be missing from the Cigar Caddy would be waterproofing.
Thank you for both ideas, but I think Im going to look into this one. Get the tube a little oversized, and line it with foam or some kind of cushion. Much appreciate the direction 🙏

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com