Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Choice of Battery Box?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline TheWildKindness

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Archivist Records
Choice of Battery Box?
« on: June 25, 2004, 06:07:46 PM »
 Hey all..

This is my first post to the list...I've been collecting/trading live music for awhile and have now decided to give it a try for myself.

Anyway...I have a Sony MZ-R70 MiniDisc that I aquired...and I will be getting either the SP-CMC-2 or SP-CMC-4 mics....but I am just curious about which battery box I should get. I understand that SP makes a nice one ..the SP-SPSB-1 with bass rolloff, but I am curious about how all of the switches work? And how important is the Level Control option in use with the Sony MD?

I noticed that the Core Sound battery box just has the 1 switch as far as either having bass rolloff or turning it off?

Are all of the 7 switches on the SP model necessary, or could I get the Core Sound battery box and use it with the SP mics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Thanks!
  - Shawn
For Sale: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 & 20 GB JB3 - http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=127307.0

Stealth: AT831's > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3

Open: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 > JB3

Extras: Sharp MD-DR480

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Re: Choice of Battery Box?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 06:50:11 PM »
The 7 levels of bass roll off can be quite useful, i'd say go with it!  As for the level control for a Sony MD...hell yes, you will need it.  Say, i have two sound professional battery boxes, the big one that has a clam-like shell that locks and a mini battery module, i can take pics.  Both feature the level control and 7 bass roll off switches, interested in buying one of em?   They are in great shape.  Pm if interested.

George
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

taperkat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Choice of Battery Box?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 01:21:36 AM »
-SPSB1. DEFINITELY.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com