Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Pre-amp help  (Read 4523 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pre-amp help
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 04:29:13 PM »
DAT is a dying animal. Hard Disk Recorders are the way to go. The nomad jukebox 3 is popular here, easy to use, and does a great job. You can find em on ebay, and from time to time in our yard sale dept.  

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 10:48:11 PM »
I was afraid to go Mic In because of brickwalling?  Does that not tend to happen with the (DSM-6S/L) > PA-6LC2 set up?  If that is the problem, then I'm really glad to know [I've always gone Opt.In with the SP set up].

i dont't hink i've ever brickwalled on my MD or DAT w/ sonics.  i don't know how good the pre-amp on the new HI-mds are, but i would say either try it out, or give ol guy sonic another email and ask him about his experiences w/ sonics and hi-md.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 12:52:53 AM »
DAT is a dying animal. Hard Disk Recorders are the way to go. The nomad jukebox 3 is popular here, easy to use, and does a great job. You can find em on ebay, and from time to time in our yard sale dept. 

he's using a MD.  still upgrade to a jb3.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 01:02:26 AM »
Definitely go mic in.  The fact that your levels are so low on line-in suggest you don't need to worry about brick walling.  I don't think there's any gain hole in the md.
p.s. you're not actually going optical in...you're just using an input jack that serves as both line-in and optical-in.  The only way to use optical-in is with an optical signal!
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com