Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Operation: Filming my first show, help needed !  (Read 2888 times)

Offline marchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Operation: Filming my first show, help needed !
« on: April 16, 2005, 11:48:02 AM »
Hello, im new here, so be patient, because i dont really know anything of this stuff. I read the FAQs and some threads and im now pretty confident that i can post my own thread too. :)

Yeah, the case. Im going to see a rockband at summer, live at festivals (outdoor) and i was wondering at filming it. I dont have a digital camera, but i had a few months old: Samsung VP-900 Pal Hi8 8mm CAMCORDER with 880x digital and 22x optical zoom. Is there even any sense of filming any shows with so crappy camera?
Heres a lousy link to my camera: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/camcorder/samsung-vp-l-900/   (this is not advertising)

I was wondering of making a dvd of it eventually,if i just find an authorer to it. Im pretty sure that i find someone, because i know a few. Well thats not a problem yet, the first thing is to get the show taped and then wonder how to move on.

Then i wondered, that atleast the mic is pretty shit in my Samsung, so i could record the show too. Do i need to (borrow from someone) a MD (and buy a mic and shit) or will buying a mic to my camera be enough (or even possible, lol  ;D) ?

And whereabouts i should be in the audience? 10, 20, 30, 40... or how many metres from the stage?

Waiting for answers.  :) (and dont worry, there will be lots of others questions too. I just cant remember any)

Offline marchi

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Operation: Filming my first show, help needed !
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:20:15 AM »
Can anybody help me...?

Offline macroint

• Needs to get out more...
    • Jeff's List
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:25:24 AM »
Is there even any sense of filming any shows with so crappy camera?
Then i wondered, that atleast the mic is pretty shit in my Samsung,

Sounds to me like you've answered your own question...if the recorder is shit and the mics are shit, I don't see any reason why the result would be any different. Then again, bad shit is better than no shit at all, I guess.
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline marchi

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 01:59:21 PM »

Sounds to me like you've answered your own question...if the recorder is shit and the mics are shit, I don't see any reason why the result would be any different. Then again, bad shit is better than no shit at all, I guess.

Well, i think that that camera is ok. But can i attach an extra mic to it? Or should i just record the audio with mini disc player?

What would you do, if you would be me, no money at all- guy?

Offline tmfraley2

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • FOB is where I want to be....
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 02:11:39 PM »
have somone with a real rig tape it and record the video then place it over it later
"Even jesus couldn't pull a good tape from the lawn" - Nick Gregory 6/28/05

KM140>V2>722

Offline marchi

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 01:43:22 PM »
have somone with a real rig tape it and record the video then place it over it later

So you mean, that i film it and let someone else do the sound recording?

If i get a MD player from my friend, what else do i need, to record a show? Just mic?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 02:24:59 PM »
Is there even any sense of filming any shows with so crappy camera?

Try it - maybe the camera is worthless, maybe not.  Never know til you give it a go.

Do i need to (borrow from someone) a MD (and buy a mic and shit) or will buying a mic to my camera be enough (or even possible?

You'll never know if the hooking a mic up to the cam will work well enough for your needs until you try it.  Though maybe you can find a video forum where people are familiar with your cameras audio capabilities.

And whereabouts i should be in the audience? 10, 20, 30, 40... or how many metres from the stage?

I imagine it depends on what kind of video footage you want to get and the zoom capabilities of your camera.

Well, i think that that camera is ok. But can i attach an extra mic to it?

Your camera's manual should indicate whether it supports attaching an external mic(s).

What would you do, if you would be me, no money at all- guy?

Try the camera as-is and see how it works.  Then, decide what to do once I see / hear the results.

So you mean, that i film it and let someone else do the sound recording?

I believe that's what phishintime means, yes.

If i get a MD player from my friend, what else do i need, to record a show? Just mic?

Check out the Where To Begin forum for info about what you need to record the audio standalone from the camera.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline marchi

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »

Check out the Where To Begin forum for info about what you need to record the audio standalone from the camera.

What the hell, record the audio from the camera??

Sry being so dumb. My english just isnt THIS good. Thanks Brain for answering.

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:51:29 PM »
IF you make a video of a show and someone else makes a audio recording of the show you can mix the sorces together using a program like vegas 5.0 then output to a dvd format so if the audio that is recorded from camera's mic sounds awful the other audio source should fix that but allways ask the taper first(or at least give full credit where its due!)
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline marchi

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 10:59:04 AM »
Whats the possibility that the sound will be awful with my camera?

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 12:11:43 PM »
well camcorder mics don't really sound to good in a live concert enviroment.(period) if it is an indoor show (they tend to sound muffled). if it is an outdoor show the sound  is much clearer. 
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline marchi

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 11:34:56 AM »
Its outdoor show, festivals. Well, maybe i just film the show and maybe i find afterwards somebody who have made better audio from it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com