Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ATTN 722 Users: Heat-Induced Auto-Shutdown?  (Read 6545 times)

Offline chris_jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: ATTN 722 Users: Heat-Induced Auto-Shutdown?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 09:57:55 PM »
i was running 2GB splits.

touched base with sound devices.  we'll see what happens.  a caveat, i guess.  doesn't thrill me.

chris
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 10:59:52 PM »
i'd say go back to v1.37 of firmware.  i'm still sticking with it

Offline chris_jones

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »
Think I might have a lemon; thing died while I was scrolling through the menu with the unit plugged into the wall...rolled back to 1.37.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but is there some kind of burn-in period for these things?
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 10:14:55 AM »
Think I might have a lemon; thing died while I was scrolling through the menu with the unit plugged into the wall...rolled back to 1.37.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but is there some kind of burn-in period for these things?

no....all your combined problems seem to be related to your particular unit.  Send a friendly but firm email to SD demanding a new one and see if you encounter the same problems.  at least that's what i would do if I was experiencing the same problems.

marc0789

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 10:50:51 AM »
mine may have done this as well but i thought it was because my battery died.  I had already put about 5 hours on it....mostly with using the pre's and not line in.  at this point i can't be for certain.  FWIW i didn't run mine in the portabrace at the time but in my bag.  I noticed that my 722 was hotter when not run in the portabrace? maybe the portabrace acts as heat sink of some sorts as well ???

no doubt the PB helps the thing get hotter, imo.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 10:54:28 AM »
actually I have noticed that the unit stays cooler in the portrabrace than some other solutions...I am guessing it is because the portabrace gives it room off the back to vent, whereas otherwise, some folks are using foam, etc. to get it to set flat and it has no room to vent off the back

marc0789

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2005, 11:07:49 AM »
actually I have noticed that the unit stays cooler in the portrabrace than some other solutions...I am guessing it is because the portabrace gives it room off the back to vent, whereas otherwise, some folks are using foam, etc. to get it to set flat and it has no room to vent off the back

makes sense.

so tell me why I should pick this up? I'd finally resolved to get on the list, then read this heat thread. I just don't ever have this happen with dat. really questioning whether I ought to wait until a more field appropriate unit hits the market?

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2005, 11:14:26 AM »
marc, this thread is the first I heard of heat issues and I, boswell, waldron, fraley, mic d and scott brown have all been using the unit without problems

edited to say that the unit does get hot...but I have not had any issues of that sort

Offline Brian

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2005, 11:15:11 AM »

i mentioned the same eralier in the thread.  i think the front and backk walls of the PB act as a heat sink.  My 722 definitely ran hotter in my tamrac bag than when i had it in it's PB.

edit: i have also been using the SD unit without any problems as well :)

Offline chris_jones

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 03:10:48 PM »
Update:

SD found a faulty connection on the power board of my 722.  Cause of shutdown was indeed _not_ heat, but what they explained as a loosely soldered joint.

Just FYI.  Very impressed with response time.  Extraordinary service and support.

Chris
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

Offline fozzy

• move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »
Update:

SD found a faulty connection on the power board of my 722.  Cause of shutdown was indeed _not_ heat, but what they explained as a loosely soldered joint.

Just FYI.  Very impressed with response time.  Extraordinary service and support.

Chris

Thats good to hear they solved the problem. 

on another heat note i have read on other forums that a user had no problems during a week long assignment @ 40-49C w/ his 744t
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com