Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Im an idiot  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Im an idiot
« on: April 23, 2004, 04:14:57 PM »
So, I got a DVD burner yesterday. I install it, and am loading the drivers. By accident, I kick the tower and the power cable comes out. When I turn it back on, it opens to a blue screen. its called "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" It says that there was a problem with new hardware and to reset. I reset, same screen GRRRR. Says to unconnect hardware. done. reset... blue screen. It says to try to start in safe mode, but I cant figure out how to. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO???? Im on the parents computer, and Im going to go nuts without mine!!! THANKS!

radioboy1977

Re:Im an idiot
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 04:37:15 PM »
swampy... AIM me and i'll talk you through it.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 05:18:36 PM »
reseat all the cables inside the comp, make sure they are all secure.  how hard did you kick it?
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Swampy

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 05:25:42 PM »
I reset all the cables. Didnt kick it too hard, it wobbled a little... Jef thinks I maybe screwed up the hard drive??? I SURE HOPE NOT!

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 05:33:24 PM »
have you started it in safe mode yet?

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 05:36:27 PM »
start it in safe mode, and then go back to a safe save point

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 05:44:49 PM »
Unmountable_Boot_Volume isn't the type of error that typically can be resolved thru safe mode...

The BSOD probably looks like this:
STOP 0x000000ED (0xaaaaaaaa,0xbbbbbbbb,0xcccccccc,0xdddddddd) UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

What does the 0xbbbbbbbb look like? If its 0xC0000032 then you're not gonna be too happy - it translates to not being able to read the file system... If you have an XP CD handy you can boot to the recovery console & run 'chkdsk /r' on the drive & hopefully it will find/fix whatever is causing Windows to not be able to mount the drive.

I'd suggest googling the 0xbbbbbbbb value (in its entirety) along with Unmountable_boot_volume if it doesn't match what I put above.

good luck!
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Swampy

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 06:03:37 PM »
Unmountable_Boot_Volume isn't the type of error that typically can be resolved thru safe mode...

The BSOD probably looks like this:
STOP 0x000000ED (0xaaaaaaaa,0xbbbbbbbb,0xcccccccc,0xdddddddd) UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

What does the 0xbbbbbbbb look like? If its 0xC0000032 then you're not gonna be too happy - it translates to not being able to read the file system... If you have an XP CD handy you can boot to the recovery console & run 'chkdsk /r' on the drive & hopefully it will find/fix whatever is causing Windows to not be able to mount the drive.

I'd suggest googling the 0xbbbbbbbb value (in its entirety) along with Unmountable_boot_volume if it doesn't match what I put above.

good luck!

shit! 0x000000ED (0x81FAC900, 0XC000032, 0X000000, 0X000000)

Thanks for the help... I need to find my XP disc...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com