Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CA Ugly vs. Naiant Tinybox?  (Read 5018 times)

Offline ramramrs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
CA Ugly vs. Naiant Tinybox?
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
I will most likely be stealth recording rock shows from seats far away from the stage. Which option would be better overall in this situation?

*I will most likely be using CAFS.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CA Ugly vs. Naiant Tinybox?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »
I will most likely be stealth recording rock shows from seats far away from the stage. Which option would be better overall in this situation?

What recorder are you using? In some cases especially if its only loud rock shows you are recording you can just use a battery box. And might not need a preamp but again that depends on your recorder.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline ramramrs

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

What recorder are you using? In some cases especially if its only loud rock shows you are recording you can just use a battery box. And might not need a preamp but again that depends on your recorder.
I will be using a M10.

Offline Cheesecadet

• Trade Count: (21)
  • http://db.etree.org/cheesecadet
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »
I think it would only depend on if you want a internal LI battery for the tinybox or just regular 9v for the Ugly.  Just my .02
AKG 481's, DPA 4061's (Matched), AT ES933's w/ AT853-ELE's (SC/C/O), ECM-19B's, MixPre-3, A10, M10 x 2, Hi Ho Silvers, Various Darktrain & GAKables

Vinyl:
Fluance RT83 Reference > MCS 3230 Receiver > Realistic MC-500's (NOS)

Upcoming:
02/10 J. Dilla
02/14 Wiliie Waldman & The Chocolate Factory
02/15 Gabe & Giz
02/16 GM5
02/28 Grace Potter

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »

I will be using a M10.
I think with the cafs mics you can get away with just a battery box. For recording really loud shows. If you want to be able to record all kinds of shows loud and quiet, than it might be a good idea to check out a preamp.

Offline ramramrs

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »

I will be using a M10.
I think with the cafs mics you can get away with just a battery box. For recording really loud shows. If you want to be able to record all kinds of shows loud and quiet, than it might be a good idea to check out a preamp.
Thank you for the help. Forgive me if I am missing some thing, but I can't seem to find any pictures of the Ugly. Can you please point me in the right direction for pictures? Thanks again.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

I will be using a M10.
Thank you for the help. Forgive me if I am missing some thing, but I can't seem to find any pictures of the Ugly. Can you please point me in the right direction for pictures? Thanks again.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=91415.0

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com