Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: clamp for shure vert bar....  (Read 6218 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
clamp for shure vert bar....
« on: November 17, 2003, 12:58:10 PM »
I have yet to buy a clamp(yes i know i suck :P) because i'm not really sure which one to get after seeing about every option.  I have a shure vert bar and was wondering if there is an accessory i need to attach to the clamp in order for the vert bar to be upright, thus allowing for proper/easy mic config./setup?

Thanks in advance for the knowledge!

Brian
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 12:59:04 PM by STL-Taper »

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
Re:clamp for shure vert bar....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 01:04:02 PM »
I personally use the bogen super clamp with the extension arm.  It also allows you to add an optional attachment for an umbrella.  I know people also like the clamp at the bottom of this page http://www.sonicsense.com/access.htm
481(3)>722

Offline Brian

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 01:06:41 PM »
+T Thanks for the link! I must have looked at that clamp ten times and didn't even realize the mic thread was located on top rather than sticking out horizontal like most of the ones i have seen. any other clamps like this out there or does somebody else have a different suggestion? just trying to keep the options open as much as possible..

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 01:08:53 PM »
the thread on that clamp can be mounted vertically or horizontally... very useful!

I also use that clamp for my umbrella outdoors... bought an extra clamp, removed the thread, bought a cheap mini-umbrella and removed the handle leaving only the tin post, place clamp on stand and insert tin post of umbrella, quick and easy
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 01:09:12 PM »
look at the sonic sense accessories page, there is a clamp on the bottom that I know a lot of folks use and have heard no complaints.  Other than that, I use the bogen super clamp with the extension arm
481(3)>722

Offline Brian

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 01:12:56 PM »
the thread on that clamp can be mounted vertically or horizontally... very useful!

I also use that clamp for my umbrella outdoors... bought an extra clamp, removed the thread, bought a cheap mini-umbrella and removed the handle leaving only the tin post, place clamp on stand and insert tin post of umbrella, quick and easy

NOICE! Thanks Tim for that bit of knowledge.  I think that just helped make my decision. Looks like our pals at Sonic Sense will be getting more of my money come next paycheck. YAY! Probably gonna need some more blank DATs by that time too. ;D

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 01:34:29 PM »

And I thought I was the only one.  Nice!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 01:35:17 PM »
nifty little trick! I think Todd Ramsden showed me that one...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 01:55:20 PM »
funny, i've used that same trick myself, nobody even showed me...i guess it's just natural to try that...
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com