Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: AKG 414 B-TL-II's/ULS  (Read 5480 times)

Offline chris_jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
ISO: AKG 414 B-TL-II's/ULS
« on: November 27, 2003, 08:17:21 PM »
Hey, everyone:

New to the forum, but not to the scene.  Looking to borrow a pair of AKG 414's for some stack tape opportunities at the upcoming Dave Matthews and Friends show in the northeast.

I'm a DPA 4011 and 4015 guy (and primarily a DMB taper), but I'm thinking of adding these to the arsenal and would like to check them out before buying.  If anyone would be up for lending out a pair for a week or so toward the middle of the month, I'd be much obliged.  

Will be running mics undecided > Apogee Trak2 > Metric Halo Mobile I/O 2882 +DSP > Powerbook G4/1gHz/768 > DP 4.11 at 24/96.

If you or anyone you know can help, do let me know.  Thanks kindly.
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:ISO: AKG 414 B-TL-II's/ULS
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 09:53:11 PM »
i can vouch for chris.  good guy, will baby the gear.  hell, he brings a trak2 to shows, so he knows to keep a good eye on things :)

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 10:32:08 PM »
+T for having the cojones to say you're primarily a DMB taper ;)  

and for joining team AKG!
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline chris_jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 11:36:57 PM »
Who says I need 'cojones' for admitting to being a DMB taper?  We're on the bleeding edge, folks :-)

And believe me, I've got a no-trade clause in my contract with Team DPA for good reason, but I'd like to dabble elsewhere for a time.

In all seriousness, I'll likely be running the 4011's to disk simultaneously, but I want to run 414's through the Trak2 and see what they sound like in comparison...I like very much many of the 414 tapes I have on the shelf, but just want to hear 'em before I shell out for a pair.

If you can help, touch base.  Thanks much.
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

Offline utahtaper

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 12:38:41 AM »
those mics are a bargain right now. Stereo pairs on ebay for under $1300. Not typical to have factory matched pairs from the AKG factory but they are matching the 414 right now in a "Special Edition" version.  I've actually teedered on picking up a pair but the MK41 has been calling me. Who knows I may still get them instead?
Recording:
SKM 140's>LC3>ACM660

Playback:
Tascam DA30MKII DAT player
Jolida Tube CD player

Sota Saphire w/grado TLZ> Melos 333> Melos 400 monoblocks> Legacy Focus

Mcintosh MR71>c22>MC60 monoblocks

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 01:00:37 AM »
I took advantage of my free agent option with team DPA and went to c480's.  The only time I look back is when I see stealth opportunities- but a pair of 4061's might be calling my name.

I haven't heard the 414's in a far-field situation, but they sound sweet in the studio so I'd imagine they'd be good up against a stack.

Just bustin' your chops about the DMB thing, the first show I ever taped was 5-9-01 in the rain at Oak Mountain.  AT 8533>Crown Power supplies>Line TXformers>MD.  Been downhill ever since...
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com