Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 discontinued? replaced by Sony ICD SX-2000?  (Read 41300 times)

Offline jibanes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Sony PCM-M10 discontinued? replaced by Sony ICD SX-2000?
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2016, 07:34:38 PM »
I think fullcompass doesn't have any left as of August 27th.
How does the SX-2000 compares to the M10?
And when will the SX-2000 be available in the USA?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:38:11 PM by jibanes »

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2016, 09:36:40 PM »
I think fullcompass doesn't have any left as of August 27th.
How does the SX-2000 compares to the M10?
And when will the SX-2000 be available in the USA?

Its recording capabilities are much more limited compared to the M10.  Just take a look at this post from Sebastian.  With all due respect to the OP, I think this thread should have been locked long ago; it's confusing people.

As has been said several times before, the ICD SX-2000 is from Sony's voice recorder line and is most definitely not a replacement for the M10, which is from the Pro Audio line.  It's not even for sale anywhere in the US, as far as I can find.

The only recorder Sony has that's close to the M10 right now is the PCM-D100, which is of course much more expensive.  There may never be a direct replacement for the M10, and given what they've done with the PCM-D100 I don't hold out much hope that they're going to come out with anything innovative at a reasonable price point.

In the interest of not confusing any more people, can we please put an end to this false rumor, and continue in the M10 discussion thread?  Even for those of us who know what's going on, it gets hard to follow when things are fragmented between multiple simultaneous threads.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Not_JoeKing

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »
I've been a out of the loop for a while regarding the latest gear news and am just learning that the M10 has been discontinued.  What's up with that?!  The "replacement" does not look like a good alternative IMO.  I wonder who Sony gave it the axe.  The M10 was such a great size, the built-in mics did not protrude, and it was a total workhorse. 

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2017, 08:10:05 PM »
I've been a out of the loop for a while regarding the latest gear news and am just learning that the M10 has been discontinued.  What's up with that?!  The "replacement" does not look like a good alternative IMO.  I wonder who Sony gave it the axe.  The M10 was such a great size, the built-in mics did not protrude, and it was a total workhorse.

That's because the recorder being talked about in this thread is not a replacement for the M10.  There is no replacement on the horizon it seems.

Here's the current PCM-M10 discussion thread:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=170179.210
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com