Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tascam HS-P82  (Read 47223 times)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: tascam HS-P82
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
the AAs won't hold it but for maybe 1hr. as far as the NP-1 batts they are way too expensive and they are only 60watt hour for $154 + charger for $200. the BP-160 154watt hour  external battery for $199 is the way to go for powering.

I was thinking just to have if your battery dies at the end of the show on the AA's - or for hotswapping.  You are right on the NP batteries but I do bet they have the standard Li-ION cells in them so if you can find two dead ones you could probably revive them cheaply.

I am going to be using a Electrovaya PowerPad 130 for now (my 160 that I have owned for 10 years finally bit the dust last night when I was charging it with one of the 4 cells starting to swell - it was a good run :)).

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline H₂O

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »
BTW - I really like the Interface on this unit - the "routing diagrams" make it very easy to know if you have a lowcut on, phantom on, or Sample Rate conversion on, etc - much better then any other recorder I have owned!
LMA Recordings

List

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
mine should ship tomorrow, excited face  :laugh:
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »
BTW - I really like the Interface on this unit - the "routing diagrams" make it very easy to know if you have a lowcut on, phantom on, or Sample Rate conversion on, etc - much better then any other recorder I have owned!

The interface is great. You get to see exactly what is going on with each channel. Sooooo easy

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »
make sure to download the most recent firmware. It has a killer Midside decoder for on the fly mix. I tried it out this past weekend and was really impressed with how easy it is to use.

Offline H₂O

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!
LMA Recordings

List

Offline H₂O

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »
mine should ship tomorrow, excited face  :laugh:

So have you gotten it yet?
LMA Recordings

List

Offline H₂O

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
I have run the p82 three times now and I really like it.  Idiot proof recording with limitless flexibility.

Other then it's size, weight, power requirements and lack of aes-42 phantom support/digital gain it is perfect - these shortcomings are a non-issue for me and for most of us tapers as well.

The pre's are very good much better then the sd702/722/744 and would bet better then the zaxcom pres - best all in one I have used!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:29:20 PM by H₂O »
LMA Recordings

List

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
I ran mine for the first time last night, after a quick lesson from Louie (thanks!). Very easy to use, will listen to results soon.
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline AB52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »
Anyone have any information about the clock accuracy the Tascam?  I don't mean for clocking something else to it, but just in terms of its own jitter performance (i.e. clock accuracy).
THANKS.

Offline H₂O

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »
Anyone have any information about the clock accuracy the Tascam?  I don't mean for clocking something else to it, but just in terms of its own jitter performance (i.e. clock accuracy).
THANKS.

I have never synced my hs-p82 with other devices so I can't commit but I would think the word clock is pretty good (personally I have not heard of issues with any pro equipment and word clock - if you need to sync externally you can). Again I don't run against external devices and need to mix back later.

Time code is a different discussion and I don't think you will find an answer here (as i don't know any one running timecode innthis hobby - it's just not needed) - you may try a pro AV forum such as jwsound.net.   I have read the time code stays in sync fine but one user claims they had a problem but others point out this could have been user error.
LMA Recordings

List

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 12:24:20 AM »
What's the minimum data rate for the CF cards? I know to use type 1 cards and they need to be udma applicable, but I don't know the minimum speed. All thats on the tested list is stuff from Sandisk.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
What's the minimum data rate for the CF cards? I know to use type 1 cards and they need to be udma applicable, but I don't know the minimum speed. All thats on the tested list is stuff from Sandisk.

So you're in the market for one? The last few shows trey has sent me to UL sound amazing! I wish I recorded in one spot more often, because I'd snatch one of these babies up 8)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline H₂O

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »
I would use 60MBps write speed at least - I don't know the Sandisk speeds but you could look this up
LMA Recordings

List

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
I would use 60MBps write speed at least - I don't know the Sandisk speeds but you could look this up

400x. That jives a bit with what I've seen elsewhere since asking. Thanks.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com