Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Halp! Clicking on recording, need diagnosis - EDIT: resolved  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Southern Shelter
Halp! Clicking on recording, need diagnosis - EDIT: resolved
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »
Hey everybody

I recorded two bands last night with my usual gear, and I have sort-of faint clicking appearing on both files.

Here's a sample 24/48 FLAC (30 seconds or so, 5MB): http://www.southernshelter.com/taperssection/clickingsample.flac

I didn't care about these all that much (this sample is Jay Reatard BTW), but of course I'll be taping stuff I do care about soon (like, tonight  :P)

Gear is Neumann KM-184> Lunatec V2> Sony PCM-D50

The limiter was engaged, but shouldn't have been activated (I always leave it on in case of emergencies), I don't think it hit above -4.

I did just notice that the 20db pad switch was engaged (accidentally), but I was under the impression that would only affect line in (and the signal certainly wasn't attenuated 20db).  The Sony's line-in was set between 3-4, as usual (I was using the internal memory, rather than the card).  The V2 was barely flashing a little red, shouldn't have been overloaded at all.  Could a bad RCA>Mini cable do this?

Any diagnosis/cure would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Sloan

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:43:35 PM by Sloan Simpson »

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Southern Shelter
Re: Halp! Clicking on recording, need diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
Oops, false alarm I guess, seems to be in my playback, doh!  ;D

Lesson 1, eliminate playback as a cause!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com