Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can someone help me with Sony  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
Re: Can someone help me with Sony
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
Just a question but have you tryed just hooking up a cd playing to a input and unplugging ever other item from the recever? to see if it is a ground loop. Many times its the cable comming into the house does not have a solid ground on it. That might be the problem, but I would do this first unplug everything but the speakers, and just get a portable battery operated cd player or mp3 player and have that as the only device hooked up to the input. See if it's quiet, then if it is, try all the inputs to make sure its not a fault of any of the inputs on your unit. If they are all quiet it is a ground loop or something sending the signal to your reciver like a bad op amp on a tv out or on a dvd player it does happen. You will have to plug things back in one at a time until you find the little basterd that is causing the noise. I hope this helps I had the same problem a while back and that's what I had to do. It's like pro audio gear you can have one thing in the chain that has issues with grounding and everything gets noisey.

Hey all

I have a STR-DA3000ES receiver and it suffers from the hiss/static issue. I attempted to call Sony to have it repaired and they refused to set up a service call for it. They told me that there have been no service bulletins issued for this unit, and that there is no real problem with it - I just have it grounded incorrectly. I know that they all full of it - but I am stuck. Can anyone who has had this issued resolved send me their Sony contact info so I can have it fixed. Thanks.....

Sony was very insistent that it was a ground loop, but this particular problem is well documented. It was a loud hissing sound, present with nothing hooked up to it all (except speakers). Anyway, they fixed it and returned it so all is well....

Thanks for the input...
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

CHURCH-AUDIO

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »
With nothing connected it could not be a ground loop lol. Makes me want to run out and buy Sony products NOT.
Sony professional is very different to deal with then these guys. Atleast they would not be stupid enough to think you can get a ground loop with nothing plugged in :) I am glad you got it sorted out.

Chris Church

Just a question but have you tryed just hooking up a cd playing to a input and unplugging ever other item from the recever? to see if it is a ground loop. Many times its the cable comming into the house does not have a solid ground on it. That might be the problem, but I would do this first unplug everything but the speakers, and just get a portable battery operated cd player or mp3 player and have that as the only device hooked up to the input. See if it's quiet, then if it is, try all the inputs to make sure its not a fault of any of the inputs on your unit. If they are all quiet it is a ground loop or something sending the signal to your reciver like a bad op amp on a tv out or on a dvd player it does happen. You will have to plug things back in one at a time until you find the little basterd that is causing the noise. I hope this helps I had the same problem a while back and that's what I had to do. It's like pro audio gear you can have one thing in the chain that has issues with grounding and everything gets noisey.

Hey all

I have a STR-DA3000ES receiver and it suffers from the hiss/static issue. I attempted to call Sony to have it repaired and they refused to set up a service call for it. They told me that there have been no service bulletins issued for this unit, and that there is no real problem with it - I just have it grounded incorrectly. I know that they all full of it - but I am stuck. Can anyone who has had this issued resolved send me their Sony contact info so I can have it fixed. Thanks.....

Sony was very insistent that it was a ground loop, but this particular problem is well documented. It was a loud hissing sound, present with nothing hooked up to it all (except speakers). Anyway, they fixed it and returned it so all is well....

Thanks for the input...

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:44:24 PM »
With nothing connected it could not be a ground loop lol. Makes me want to run out and buy Sony products NOT.
Sony professional is very different to deal with then these guys. Atleast they would not be stupid enough to think you can get a ground loop with nothing plugged in :) I am glad you got it sorted out.

Chris Church

Hey all

Thanks for the input...

They were a bear to deal with on the phone and flat out said I didn't know what I was talking about. Refused to give me an RMA# for service. I used the Sony eservice website and had no probs. Over the years I have been up and down with Sony - it seems more up than down so I kee buying their stuff....
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

CHURCH-AUDIO

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 11:54:33 PM »
Yah its hard to stay away from them, I have a MZ-NH900 HIMD recorder great product, but the display sucks so bad you can not see whats in the screen even in good light. I contacted them about it and they said thats the way it is. After I shelled out $350 for it new oh well big company does not care about its end users sooner or later will end up being a company people go to as a last resort.

Chris Church

Hey all

Thanks for the input...

They were a bear to deal with on the phone and flat out said I didn't know what I was talking about. Refused to give me an RMA# for service. I used the Sony eservice website and had no probs. Over the years I have been up and down with Sony - it seems more up than down so I kee buying their stuff....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com