Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Akg 460  (Read 2439 times)

Offline taperjeff

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
    • LMA recordings:
Akg 460
« on: October 21, 2004, 02:33:56 PM »
my set up is ten years old.  I run akg 460b with the ck61 or ck63.  I have stewart bps1 power supplies.  This summer I taped  and lost the right channel occasionally.  has anyone else expierenced this problem?  I think that after 10 years, the power supplies may have a lost circuit.
Also, does anyone have a suggestion for new power supplies?  I do not want to spend alot.

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Akg 460
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 02:38:25 PM »
if you just want phantom power, the Denecke PS-2 is pretty nice and costs around 150 new. It is powered by 9 volts, minimum.  The company rolls makes one that is cheaper, but is also heavier and required 12 volts input - so, you will have to carry lead.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 04:09:49 PM »
if you just want phantom power, the Denecke PS-2 is pretty nice and costs around 150 new. It is powered by 9 volts, minimum.  The company rolls makes one that is cheaper, but is also heavier and required 12 volts input - so, you will have to carry lead.

Not true, Rolls has a battery powered model, PB224 I think, that takes 2x 9v batteries.  I had a previous version to that, and it takes 12-18v external, so I used a battery pack I made that also used 2x 9v batteries.  Still, I think the Denecke version is higher quality.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline JAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 11:44:33 AM »
my set up is ten years old.  I run akg 460b with the ck61 or ck63.  I have stewart bps1 power supplies.  This summer I taped  and lost the right channel occasionally.  has anyone else expierenced this problem?  I think that after 10 years, the power supplies may have a lost circuit.
Also, does anyone have a suggestion for new power supplies?  I do not want to spend alot.
If you like the AKG sound...have the mics sent to Jim Williams and get him to fix the "bad" mic AND upgrade the 460's..buy a PS-2 and enjoy.  If you want to sell the 63's let me know.  ;)

peace
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 02:17:31 AM »
It's your mics. they're too old. You need to send them to me. :)

Denecke and also AKG (I think?) make PWS's..... or could go to Pre that does its own phantom (assuming you dont have one already). Have you checked cabling for giggles?

-Jim

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com