Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audio and SACD  (Read 5582 times)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DVD-Audio and SACD
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 03:20:05 PM »
The analog outs on your 2910 should be fine for playback is there a reason you want to use digital?

From a couple minutes of Googling it looks like the 2910 has a Burr Brown DAC (and it might even have a separate chip for each channel, but that's unclear from my few minutes of searching), which is probably more than adequate.

I think you'd be fine with just using the analog out of the 2910.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »
No issues using the analog outs. I have splitter cables coming out of the 2910 going to my Grace M902 and Music Hall Maven integrated. I also have the opti out of 2910 into opti in on the Maven for all my recordings that I used to archive on DVD-AUDIO. It just irks me that commercial stuff is protected I guess. That an the fact that many modern integrated amps have digital inputs. For what, upsampling. :shrug:

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
No issues using the analog outs. I have splitter cables coming out of the 2910 going to my Grace M902 and Music Hall Maven integrated. I also have the opti out of 2910 into opti in on the Maven for all my recordings that I used to archive on DVD-AUDIO. It just irks me that commercial stuff is protected I guess. That an the fact that many modern integrated amps have digital inputs. For what, upsampling. :shrug:

rip the dvd-audio ? playback however you want ?

http://www.makemkv.com/

its never left beta you just have to enter a new temp key from time to time that they post on the forum

ive been using it to rip blu-rays and dvds

or go analog out > recorder = no more copy protection
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:48:09 PM by kindms »
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
Would this work:

http://www.ambery.com/hdautodisand.html

Looks like I can run that Marantz HDMI out thru this box using the coax spdif out into coax input on my receiver.
Note that the Ambery box, though it has cool features, requires a Non-HDCP HDMI Source.

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com