Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Seeking help troubleshooting stream (must have MixPre-6 and Line 6 Sonic Port)  (Read 4609 times)

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
After numerous streams I suddenly can't get any signal to pass from the MixPre-6 to Mixlr. I could be the Line 6 Sonic Port lightning cable but I'm not sure. If anyone has MixPre-6 with the latest firmware and a Sonic Port you connect via iPhone, I'd appreciate if you can test. Want to rule out some glitch with new MixPre firmware or the latest iphone iOS.

I did route the audio on MixPre-6 so where I can listen via headphone out.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:04:45 PM by vwmule »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
i can try. what is the latest sonicport software
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline vwmule

Sorry, I'll clarify. Latest firmware on MixPre-6 and iphone.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
you can easily roll back the firmware and test yourself....
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
Sorry, I'll clarify. Latest firmware on MixPre-6 and iphone.

im not updating my iphone to do it but if a test of ios12 is useful, i'll try it
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline vwmule

I'd appreciate that. I plan to order a new Sonic Port lightning cable just in case.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
sorry i didnt get to test before i sent off my mixpre today, i was tight on time and didnt have the right firmware anyway (i rolled it back to 3.03 a few days ago

you can borrow my sonicport and cable to troubleshoot if needed

Offline vwmule

No problem. Will try another deck to rule out MixPre.

Offline blee421

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
From what I’ve gathered we are waiting for a OS update from Apple. Really annoyed I just paid $100 for the sonic port and now it’s useless.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34889/audio-in-not-working-ios-13-line-6-sonic-port

Bruel & Kjaer 4011 
DPA 4018 VL > MMP-A
MBHO MBP 603 - KA/200

Lunatec V2 (x2)
Lunatec V3 (x2)
Apogee Mini MP 

Sonic AD2K+

Edirol R44
SD 722
Microtrack 24/96 (x4) Great for DAT transfers - $50.00

Teddy Gak XLR's
Audio Magic Sorcerer
Audio Magic Hyperconductor

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
interesting. im on ios12

Offline vwmule

Used an older iPhone for Wilco last night and streaming worked as it should. Unfortunately the phone's battery depleted fairly fast.

But it confirms the Apple iOS issue. Notice they just pushed an update but have not experimented.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
one of my phones jsut got updated to 13.1.3 i can test my soincport if that would help

Used an older iPhone for Wilco last night and streaming worked as it should. Unfortunately the phone's battery depleted fairly fast.

But it confirms the Apple iOS issue. Notice they just pushed an update but have not experimented.

Offline blee421

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
 :banging head: :banging head: :banging head: :banging head: :banging head: :banging head:

Another Apple OS update 13.03 and my sonic port is still not working correctly. Messed with the microphone settings again and nodda.

I spoke with Line 6 yesterday and they said this is all in Apple's hands. WHAT A JOKE!! You made the unit for it to work with Apple only and now Apple is shutting you out?!?? I mean it's been a month or so how is there no fix?

So off to buy a Irig digital I guess (79.99). Give it a try with this new samsung tablet I got for free. This frees up my iphone during the show which is a plus and will have longer battery life. Just trying to be positive.

If anyone gets their unit up please PM me so I can broadcast live music to the masses.
Bruel & Kjaer 4011 
DPA 4018 VL > MMP-A
MBHO MBP 603 - KA/200

Lunatec V2 (x2)
Lunatec V3 (x2)
Apogee Mini MP 

Sonic AD2K+

Edirol R44
SD 722

Teddy Gak XLR's
Audio Magic Sorcerer

Offline blee421

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
Latest Apple Update 10/30/19 - Sonic Port still not working.  :really_sucks:
Bruel & Kjaer 4011 
DPA 4018 VL > MMP-A
MBHO MBP 603 - KA/200

Lunatec V2 (x2)
Lunatec V3 (x2)
Apogee Mini MP 

Sonic AD2K+

Edirol R44
SD 722

Teddy Gak XLR's
Audio Magic Sorcerer

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
i was experimenting with sonic port to stream in ios12 (not feeding from mix pre), I cant feed it anything with decent level that doesnt sound like brickwalled crap, no matter how low of a headphone signal i feed it. cant get levels in mixlr ios app up over like 20% without a lot of distortion

close-micing my speakers with 4061s>d:vice (which i beleive uses same ios core audio) is crystal clear.

theres no way to set levels on the device in mobilepod software which was any improvement, i ended up deleting the app entirely. any tips?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com