Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

VX Poclet

<< < (2/3) > >>

jpschust:
Big rush = a few things.  First off the nuendo multiset serves more than one purpose for me.  It will allow me to do multi channel recordings, plus it will allow me to go 24/96.  I'm very much of the opinion that if you can go higher bit rate and higher sampling rate you should.  Might as well get the maximum possabilites out of your sound.

d swing:
I understand that I just feel that the benefits of 24/96 don't blow away 24/48.   You've got to deal with 2 gigs/hour for 24/96 vs. 1 gig/hour for 24/48.  Also, the vx fits in my machine, no need for an extra box in my bag.  One other thing is that I don't do multichannel stuff, that's probably the biggest factor for me.  To each his own...

-D

phriendlyguy:
it all gets burned to 16 bit on a cd in the end.  whats the point?  i understand you can listen to it from a hardrive>system whatever, but what about in your car, bringing a laptop with you or what?  just playin devils advocate here.  

d swing:
Granted there is no clear cut medium for 24 bit material yet (dvd-a looks strong but who knows what will happen in the end) but with a  system like vx digi out->lucid da9624->listening system you realize why 24 bit is the shit.  

I do dither and resample 24 bit stuff for CDs.  It's still what 99.9% of the world is doing.  I play cds in my car, I walk around with my discman but I have been known to carry my pixbook/vx with headphone jack as my source of tunes (so, yes, I do carry a laptop around for music  ;)).  In a couple of years, when one of the formats is clearly defined and present everywhere, I think I'll be glad I was doing 24 bit.  My .02 dollars.  

-D

jpschust:
By the previous rationale we shouldnt be going 48k either.  but the fact is 24 bit is on the rise... it definitely is the direction of the future... i cant wait to see where we are in 10 years :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version