Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need right angle male to female  (Read 5541 times)

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
Need right angle male to female
« on: June 09, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
need short (like 4 in or so, yeah really that short!) with mini quad, anyone make em?
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
Re: Need right angle male to female
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 07:52:47 AM »
need short (like 4 in or so, yeah really that short!) with mini quad, anyone make em?

custom, by you
we all live downstream.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 07:57:49 AM »
w3rd

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 09:10:14 AM »
Had a feeling...  Anyone know a good place for right angle xlrs?  need the ones that are moveable (not solid rt angle)
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 09:36:24 AM »
Had a feeling...  Anyone know a good place for right angle xlrs?  need the ones that are moveable (not solid rt angle)

neutriks move from side to side once you remove the back cap and push in the barrel.  frank had some listed that you could abjust the amount of angle of.

neutrik> markertek
frank>cascade media
we all live downstream.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 10:07:19 AM »
kindkables, would make em, no?

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 05:02:55 PM »
just an fyi you the xlr inputs on the mp2 are too close together to use neutrik right angle xlr connectors.

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 05:39:11 PM »
Those ones Frank has look really neat.

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 05:46:14 PM »
just an fyi you the xlr inputs on the mp2 are too close together to use neutrik right angle xlr connectors.

what about facing opposite directions?

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 06:25:26 PM »
what about facing opposite directions?

i'm not sure about that but i'd tend to think that wouldn't work either.  the screw holes make it wider than a normal xlr connector so if you have a dremmel tool or something similar you can try to gring down the overlapping area and use epoxy to put the plug together.

i'm not sure what kind of bag you're using for your gear but i found the straight connectors are easier to deal with when using it with the mp2 since the right angle connectors were longer than the mp2 itself and made it so it couldn't sit flat.

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 03:27:27 PM »
I built some right angle xlrs for a guy on this site. The package that he sent me was unopened new parts, but they came missing the plastic piece for the inside that insulates, and holds down the actual pins. It was also missing a screw.
I asked how he wanted to approach this, that I could try to jerry-rig a fix consisted of drilling a hole thru the center/back of the removeable top of the xlr, solder the connections, assembling the top back into place,......
And then I filled the entire cavity of the xlr with hot glue (coolmelt). I then took a plumbers torch and heated the xlr body until the glue flowed into the cavity, and then filled it with more until the cavity was full, topped off.
I then let the xlr to cool to room temp, and tried to take the top off,...... it wasn't going to budge!! no way!!

So, with all that rambling behind me,..... You could prolly grind off the screw ears on the inside of each xlr, if you were to do what I did with gluing the xlr body cavity to a solid fill,.....
Might be worth a try (?)

+T Good Idea!  was thinking about trying some of these and finding a way to turn and lock em in the position that I need em...

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 08:13:58 PM »

custom, by you

You are brilliant!  That is exactly what I did!  Took a male connector cut the metal sleeve in half, then used mini mic cable for the connection.  A big glob of epoxy to seal it and hold the cable and I have a VERY compact cable!  Pics coming soon.

+T all!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.097 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com