Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to mix two stereo tracks together from different rigs?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Neilyboy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
I am trying to use audacity or any opensource software (im have both winxp and ubuntu) I tried armour through ubuntu and got somewhat lost so I tried audacity in windows and I got into it a bit but need a little help.
I have two seperate audio sources from the same stand just recorded with two seperate rig's one being a little warmer and the other having more vocals. I am wanting to mix the two together with a 60/40 mix (60 warm 40 vocals). I think I figured out that part of it with adjusting the levels of each. Only problem is since one was recorded with a zoom h2 and the other with an iriver h320 the clock time or speed is off. I have lined the two tracks off to start at the same time but over time the tracks are off in the end and I hear an echo as a result. How do I either stretch or shrink them to match? I tried 'effect change speed' but just guessing could take me all night. Is there a way that I can drag the waveforms to match each other or what is the best way of doing this?

Thanks so much in advance.

neil
Mic's: AKG C214's, Line Audio CM3, AT4041SP, AT853 (C, SC, O), AT943 (C, H)
Pre's: Sound Devices MixPre 2
Rec's: Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-44, Tascam DR60D MKii, Tascam DR70D x 2

Offline Neilyboy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: How to mix two stereo tracks together from different rigs?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:07:51 PM »
search feature failed on me or i didnt know what to search for but after doing some diggin i found this..

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,103031.0.html

which i will try.. guess its not as easy as i had wanted it to be haha. if anyone has any other suggestions though im open to hearing them.

thanks again and sorry to create another thread, but i did try and search around for this..

neil
Mic's: AKG C214's, Line Audio CM3, AT4041SP, AT853 (C, SC, O), AT943 (C, H)
Pre's: Sound Devices MixPre 2
Rec's: Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-44, Tascam DR60D MKii, Tascam DR70D x 2

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How to mix two stereo tracks together from different rigs?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »
Yup, that's a good thread for reference.  There may be a couple more in the Readme1st thread stickied at the top of this forum.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com