Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Trouble installing Rockbox on an iRiver H320  (Read 1719 times)

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
Trouble installing Rockbox on an iRiver H320
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:24:29 PM »
So I just bought a new (well, new to me) iRiver H320 so that I can record matrixes, and unlike my old one, this one didn't come pre-installed with Rockbox. So I go read the manual, and install the bootloader and firmware with RockboxUtility, and it says everything is installed correctly. So I reboot, and...

...it reboots into the standard iRiver firmware.

I've read every FAQ I can find, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the firmware, I'm tried overwriting the firmware with unpatched firmware and starting from scratch. No matter what, it won't boot into Rockbox. And the Rockbox forums, where I would normally go to ask about this, appear to be down indefinitely.

Can someone who's performed this procedure take pity on me and suggest some troubleshooting ideas? I'm happy to beat my head against a wall, but I'm plumb out of walls.

Thanks,

Neil

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
Re: Trouble installing Rockbox on an iRiver H320
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »
Figured this out, with the help of the folks on the #rockbox IRC channel: Apparently using Rockbox Utility's "autodetect" function, as the manual recommends, installed the firmware to my computer's hard drive instead of to the iRiver. Manually selecting the correct drive installed everything in the right place, and now all is copacetic.

For the future reference of anyone else having this same problem...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com