Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do nimh batteries alter performance?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline meteosat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Do nimh batteries alter performance?
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:02:26 PM »
Just wondering as a new ownder of an Eridol R1 - if I use Alkalines - then the average votage will be in excess of 3V. If I use NiMh's then it will be more like 2.5V. I'm guessing this won't affect processing or saving the data to the CF card - but might it alter the performance of the mic pre-amps stages e.g.. Would there be less headroom for the signal going into the A/D?

Cheers,
James

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Do nimh batteries alter performance?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »
Just wondering as a new ownder of an Eridol R1 - if I use Alkalines - then the average votage will be in excess of 3V. If I use NiMh's then it will be more like 2.5V. I'm guessing this won't affect processing or saving the data to the CF card - but might it alter the performance of the mic pre-amps stages e.g.. Would there be less headroom for the signal going into the A/D?

Cheers,
James

depends on how the device is built inside...i have no idea how they regulate voltage inside that box, but i can say i have used maha nimh batteries nearly exclusively with my R-1 and 4GB Lexar 80x CF (apparently a relatively high current draw CF card) and i have not had any issues

I have had no problem with nimh in my R-1 either.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline meteosat

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Do nimh batteries alter performance?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 04:04:20 AM »
Thanks for the feedback folks!

james

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com