Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New soundcard recommendations?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
New soundcard recommendations?
« on: January 23, 2004, 11:09:50 PM »
I posted this in the computer recording section and didn't get any responses so I thought I'd ask here, since it's a bit busier:

-----

God Damn!! I can't take it anymore. The sound out of my piece of shit soundcard is aweful.

I want a new one but I need some input before I shell out $$$.

Here's what I'd like. Only 1 and B. are manditory.

1. 24bit / at least 96kHz
B. 5.1 sound (eventually I'd like to mix my own recordings in 5.1 + I sometimes watch movies on my computer and already have some Creative 5.1 speakers, which also will be repaced in the near future).
3. Either a COAX or OPTICAL out so I can send a digital signal to my UA5.
4. Something I can play back DVD-Audio with (Occasionally I record my shows with a laptop @ 24/48 and would like to save them to DVD-R's for playback).

Any suggestions. I can't spend a ton of money. I was looking at the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 card. Is that one reasonable.

I don't need the card to do transfers since I'm using a JB3 and the laptop for recording now. I may get a portable DAT for back up and stealth use though. I can run the DAT through the UA5 if I really have to but I'd still prefer not to since it's not 100% bit accurate.

Finally if you have any suggestions on some nice monitors that I can listen to 24 bit recording with, that would be cool. I don't have the cash for them now, but I'd like to get some in the future.

Any all all suggestions welcome. Thanks a bunch.

MIKE B

PS. I guess the REVO doesn't do DVD-A. Doesn't sound like many cards do (except the Creative which I won't touch).
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com