Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Date and time set on iRiver iHP120 [rock-boxed] - looking for enlightenment ...  (Read 3514 times)

Offline afri-cola-man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • No Sports ...
    • Guru-Guru
I haven't so far found a feature to set date and/or time in my iRiver iHP-120 [rock-boxed with latest daily build].

I find it quite annoying that my recorded files have all the same date (seems to be the date/time when I flashed the rockbox firmware). I have searched the manual and the wiki but to no avail.

Can anyone please help me or at least tell me, that my wishes are futile. Thanks a lot. (I might be spoiled by my jb3, where recorded files are automatically appended with date and time in the filename.  ;))

Greets from Germany
Ulrich
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:02:34 PM by afri-cola-man »
oktava mk-012c or jm27 or smk-h8k/u > [BM2p+ mod] ua-5 > njb3 or iriver ihp-120
greenmachine binaurals > greenmachine batt-box > njb3 or iriver ihp-120 or edirol r09
church audio cardioids > ca st-9000 preamp > njb3 or iriver ihp-120 or edirol r09

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline afri-cola-man

• Taperssection Regular
  • No Sports ...
    • Guru-Guru
Humbug, thank you for showing me the direction.
I guess I'll have to stick to no date/ time, as soldering definitely is not one of my strong points ...
oktava mk-012c or jm27 or smk-h8k/u > [BM2p+ mod] ua-5 > njb3 or iriver ihp-120
greenmachine binaurals > greenmachine batt-box > njb3 or iriver ihp-120 or edirol r09
church audio cardioids > ca st-9000 preamp > njb3 or iriver ihp-120 or edirol r09

spreadheadtom

Humbug, thank you for showing me the direction.
I guess I'll have to stick to no date/ time, as soldering definitely is not one of my strong points ...

it sucks.......maybe the rockboxers will get it done in a build.

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
I find it quite annoying that my recorded files have all the same date (seems to be the date/time when I flashed the rockbox firmware). I have searched the manual and the wiki but to no avail.

My h140 (no RTC mod) lists recordings as 'recording 1', 'recording 2', etc.  Not sure why yours would be naming them differently.  There must be a setting somewhere, but I'm not sure.  My h120 (RTC mod) lists the date and time for each recording, of course.

I hope they get RTC support incorporated into a daily build too, but you still have to have the mod done before it will benefit you.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...

If you mean without the hardware mod, then it ain't gonna happen.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
According to our resident Rockbox guru, Petur, the iRiver H320 and H340 recorders have the real time clock chip installed as standard equipment.  Rockbox for the H320 and H340 uses this chip to display the time, and to add date and time info to the file names of recordings.  No need for special mods or software compiles.

The H320 and H340 do not have an input for digital recording, only analog.  This makes them less desirable from the standpoint of many who participate here.  But they are good machines for mic-in or line-in recording.  They have a color display that uses a bit more power than the black and white LCD of the H120, but it's easier to read in daylight.

Flintstone

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com