Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Using Tascam DV-RA1000 as D/A  (Read 1537 times)

Offline moellenium

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
Using Tascam DV-RA1000 as D/A
« on: March 09, 2006, 11:00:49 PM »
I've been really pleased with the sound of my DV-RA1000 for playback as well as recording.  The upsampling is pretty dreamy when listening to my live music collection.  However, I'm about to say goodbye to my CD's.  Over the next couple of months I'm going to put my entire collection on three 500 GB firewire drives @ 16/44.1 aiff.  These will be connected to my old powerbook which will be used only to manage my music.  Music will play out of my computer via the coax on an M-audio firewire audiophile. 
Instead of connecting the audiophile to my Denon I'd prefer to connect it digitaly to my DV-RA1000 then go analog from there to my receiver.  It seems to work fine, but I figured I'd ask if anyone can forsee any problems.  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks.

Joe

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Using Tascam DV-RA1000 as D/A
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »
No comment on the DV-RA1000, but consider running RAID for your audio drives.  The extra cost and effort involved in setting up RAID will more than pay for itself when - not if - one or more of your HDs takes a nose dive and you have to re-copy all your audio from optical to HD rather than simply re-building the array.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline moellenium

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Using Tascam DV-RA1000 as D/A
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
Yeah,

I'd be going spdif from my audiophile to my DV-RA1000 then analog to my deck.  It should work great, I was just wondering if there were any drawbacks.  I'll check out the RAID stuff too.  Thanks for the replies.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com