Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help setting up chaintech soundcard  (Read 1536 times)

Offline L Ron Hoover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I figure the odds be 50/50"
Help setting up chaintech soundcard
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:16:20 PM »
Picked up the cheapie from Newegg and downloaded envy 24 driver from via arena. How do I make sure this thing is not resampling the output? I'm running foobar2k with it.

Thanks

Offline F0CKER

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Help setting up chaintech soundcard
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »
If you're asking about bit perfect playback, the only way you can get bit perfect playback with the envy drivers is to install Kernel Streaming or ASIO.  Unfortunately with the Envy drivers it's going to have to resample if you want 24/96 playback abilities w/o having to update the sample rate manually.  I have Kernel Streaming setup in mine.  Setup the Envy drivers to go SPDIF Out, for 24/96 you'll need to setup for Hi Sample Rate - Digital Out.  The only problem is the driver doesn't have auto switching for the sample rate so to setup Foobar so you don't have to keep going in and changing the sample rate is to use the resampler DSP option and setting it to resample everything to 96kHz.  Or you can flash the firmware of the chaintech with Prodigy 7.1 drivers, and I think that resamples automatically.  But I haven't done it so I don't know how to do it.

w/o Kernel Streaming or ASIO enabled you aren't sending a bit perfect signal.

Envy Drivers for XP:
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1010&SubCatID=107

Kernel Streaming link:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/foo_out_ks.zip

Drop the Kernel Streaming .dll into the component folder in your Foobar program file.  Set the playback output in your foobar preferences to output through KS: Envy24...  Change the playback to 24bit and go to the DSP manager and add the resampler to go to 96kHz.

If you don't need 24/96 playback, you can ignore eveything I just said. ;D
Nevaton MC49 -> Sonosax SX-R4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com