Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HEMI 2007 (Salk Sound / Av123) updated pics  (Read 1549 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
HEMI 2007 (Salk Sound / Av123) updated pics
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:43:38 AM »
Yesterday was the first HEMI GTG of 2007 and it was a full day of 2 channel and HT excitement.  The great food (salmon, meatballs, chicken salad, wings, you name it was there) kept all feed and provided a gathering spot to discuss all things audio.  Mark Shifter owner of AV123 (Onix, Perpetual Technologies) made the trip from Colorado, Jim Salk came out and his crossover designer Dennis Murphy came in from Maryland, and Mark Seaton (Seaton Sound) who is the king of bass brought along the av123 BMF prototype he and Mark Shifter are working on for the Onix Rocket line.  I imagine Mark Seaton will have a hand in all the new av123 subs as they are breaking into the sub market.

With all the folks it was a full schedule with no more than 4 in the 2 channel room and slots were 1/2hr long.  I think I was in there for 2 hrs.  The HT demos were running 30 with time between to ask "the Mark's" questions about the products and all else HT.  Here is the house setup:

2 Channel
1.  X-LS with X-sub -- Danny Ritchie design similar to his GR-1 I think.  Has won many awards and now I know why!
2.  Salk V3 prototype -- These were being powered by Jolida gear.  Very nice sound, but not the HT3.
3.  Salk HT3 -- These are in Pete's "Aural Enlightenment" room.  To be honest these blow away the VR-4 SE III's I've heard!
http://alhull.com/room7/index.htm

The last room was the HT Demo room where the BMF was shaking the house.

The night ended with Pete thanking everyone (named his wife many times since she was stuck cooking all evening, not to mention the money she lets him spend) and the raffle.  Each 1/2hr from 2-5pm they drew names for little prizes and then we all put out name tags in a bucket and they drew for the following items donated to HEMI by AV123.

1st- MWF-15 Sub  (from 1st production run  $1K+)
2nd- Rocket RS760's ($1600)
3rd- 2 draws for $500 GC to av123
4th- 3 prizes of Ref .5 monitors
Grand Prize- BMF sub ($2K+)

All that attended got little door prizes of mixed CD's we heard during the day, CD opener, and choice of av123 or HEMI shirts.

All in all it was a great time and got to meet some great people and catch up with others.  I would like to hear the VR-4SR in the same room on the same equipment as the Salk HT3's.  IMO I feel the Salk's would outperform the the VSA's in all areas.  Von Schweikerts would have more bass, but I'm not sure that is a good thing.  I know many of you really enjoy the bass and the Salk's have it, but present it in a different way.  I'll be making a trip to Jim's small production garage in the spring since it is right down the street.  The biggest pro to getting his speakers is the finish selection.  He said he could make anything from black painted MDF to the most rare wood you can find.  He will even make them out of a board you provide.

Just wanted to post this since anyone can come out and enjoy these GTG's.

Here are some pics and I will post a link to the av123 thread where Al Hull will post all his pics.

http://alhull.com/hemi2007sanctum/index0004.htm
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 05:16:04 PM by scervin »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com