Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Transferring DAT to PC

<< < (2/7) > >>

tbger:
But how will you be getting the optical signal into this device ?  You'll need some kind of converter in order to do that, or am I missing something ?  Thanks

morst:

--- Quote from: simplemind on July 30, 2020, 01:52:44 PM ---But how will you be getting the optical signal into this device ?  You'll need some kind of converter in order to do that, or am I missing something ?  Thanks

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: fogelsong on July 28, 2020, 02:55:26 PM ---I still have my Tascam DA-20 mkii packed in a box and it should be in working condition. Previously I used a Delta Dio 2496 soundcard but there do not seem to be Windows 10 drivers, so that is out. Is there a decent sound card or USB interface that takes coax that y'all recommend?
--- End quote ---

Coaxial is S/Pdif over copper.
DA-20 has that, Coaxial digital, not digital optical connectors for I/O.

fogelsong:
Correct.

Tascam DA-20 mkii coax output -> Marantz PMD670 coax input

Chilly Brioschi:
Somebody has released Win10 drivers for the M-Audio cards
There always is compatibility mode, and if you're bold, virtualization in Win10 that runs a WinXP virtual PC inside 10 with driver support.

Len Moskowitz (Core Sound):
I've been using an old M-Audio MicroTrack II and a SV-3700. The SV-3700 handles DAT playback and connects to the MicroTrack via an S/PDIF coax cable.

The MicroTrack records to an SD card mounted in a CF card adapter. I take the SD card to my editing desktop PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version