Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archive downloads  (Read 1768 times)

Offline morningdew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Archive downloads
« on: June 13, 2006, 03:35:12 PM »
I looked at the pinned software thread but I didn't notice a piece of software that seems to do what I would like to do.  I'm sure it's just out of my ignorance but here is what I'd like to do.

archive.org used to let you download an entire show via a zip file.  Not anymore.  One file at a time.  Is there a software app. that will let me pick all the files, place them in a que and download them one at a time.  This way I can walk away and come back to find all of the files downloaded to my PC.

There are two small catches.  I download from a machine that I do not have admin rights to.  So the software would have to install on the PC w/o requiring admin rights.  Also, bit torrent is NOT and option.

Does such an animal exist?  Or am I stuck at downloading one or two files at a time.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re: Archive downloads
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:11:48 PM »
If Firefox is on your machine, you could try the "DownThemAll" plugin. Dunno if you need admin rights to install a plugin but that may be your best bet. Otherwise you'd need an FTP client with a queueing feature, and if you can't install a FF plugin on that machine, I doubt you can install an FTP client...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 05:00:09 PM »
If you're willing to FTP, SmartFTP will do the trick (or any other decent FTP client).  There are also a whole slew of download managers that will allow you to copy/paste the FLAC URLs and then queue them up for download.  And finally, if you're using IE, I believe there's a way to defeat the simultaneous download limitation, but I forget how to do it at the moment.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
Actually it seems like you can still download an entire show if there is a link on the left that says lossless.  I just did it last night to get a Everyone Orchestra show from back in March.

The problem is that once you downloaded the big zip it did not just include the lossless (FLAC) version of the show.  It included every available format.  So I had downloaded the FLAC, OOG, VBR, and MP3 all in one file.  ???
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 12:11:57 AM »
Actually it seems like you can still download an entire show if there is a link on the left that says lossless.  I just did it last night to get a Everyone Orchestra show from back in March.

This is true for shows that were uploaded with the old system, but for uploads on the new system (since early May, I think) it doesn't apply. They're working on fixing the full show zips but they've temporarily disabled them until they figure it out because otherwise it's a tremendous waste of space and resources.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com