Gear / Technical Help > Cables

color coding neutrik xlrs

(1/3) > >>

checht:
I'm building a 100' x 4 channel snake using Redco TGS and neutrik connectors, and have purchased 2 different color coding systems trying to find the one that's easiest to differentiate.
I have low vision, and especially in the dark, even w a flashlight, high vis is super helpful.

I purchased the Neutrik colored boots, and also colored 3D printed caps from Gotham. I kinda think the boots are esaier to see, and given that this application, the reduced size of using caps isn't a huge deal.

Thoughts?

morst:

--- Quote from: checht on March 27, 2023, 05:40:14 PM ---I'm building a 100' x 4 channel snake using Redco TGS and neutrik connectors, and have purchased 2 different color coding systems trying to find the one that's easiest to differentiate.
I have low vision, and especially in the dark, even w a flashlight, high vis is super helpful.

I purchased the Neutrik colored boots, and also colored 3D printed caps from Gotham. I kinda think the boots are esaier to see, and given that this application, the reduced size of using caps isn't a huge deal.

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---
Use numbers rather than colors for better low light legibility!?

rocksuitcase:
Just given the photo, I'd vote for the boots. More surface area, easier to spot during a quick setup.

morst:

--- Quote from: rocksuitcase on March 27, 2023, 06:08:39 PM ---Just given the photo, I'd vote for the boots. More surface area, easier to spot during a quick setup.

--- End quote ---
I don't understand the caps.
Are they dust caps to be removed before connecting?
That's ... the opposite of a time-saver, but I suppose protecting from dust is a reason...

OH that's the back of a side-exit connector. I would go with axial connectors if possible, so the boots if that's the choice.

checht:
Boots need to be drilled to pass cable out. Not sure why they can't do that during printing... Can be used with axial or side exit,, gotta drill either way, but plastic is easier than aluminum unless I head over to my friend's shop.

Numbers would need to be at least .5" tall for me to read them, I have serious optical nerve neuropathy that gets me close to legally blind. Fun fun fun, but at least I can see my grandmonsters' faces. So, colors are more reliable.

I enjoy that stubbies are half the size of original Neutriks, but sometimes venue staff complain that they're too small for plugging in to deep patch bays and even more of a pita when removing. Since this is a snake build, and the cable weighs 6+ lbs, perhaps full size is appropriate.

Thanks everyone!

Pinecil arrived today, tinned it, and am making myself finish work day before jumping in.
Now I gotta pick how long for the fans, thinking 15" or so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version