Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Schoeps Actives no signal-update and ????

(1/3) > >>

SHKDWN:
I posted on the Oade board as well, but maybe you guys can help as well. http://

As a follow up:
Recap..I am getting no signal via one channel when running Mk4>kc5>cmc6>M 118>xlr>Panasonic 255, but when I plug the 64 directly into the 118 I get signal in both channels.

I cleaned all the connections, caps, bodies, etc.  I have narrowed it down to 1 of the cmc6 bodies not "activating" or sending the signal (is that correct language?) to the DAT when using the Kc5 active cables.   It was suggested that I try another pre amp, one that uses 48 V phantom.   So, I have an Sonosax, another complete set of mk4>kc5>cmc6 to test with.  I plugged my problem body into the Sax and it sends signal fine. I have used every combo of pieces parts and it isn't the pre amps, actives, or the caps.    

The only conclusion I can come up with is that the one "problem" body does not activate or like to be plugged into a 18 V Oade m118.   I have used the 4>kc5>6>118 combo for the past year and it worked fine.  One day it just stops.

Thoughts?  Could there be something wrong in the cmc6 body that has stopped it from switching between the 12-48V power, depending on the pre that you use?  I have no clue what to do at this point?

thanks,
nate

wboswell:
Nate-
why not just send the box to Doug and have him mod it to 48v?  Lots of folks have had this done...  Trey's beloved box was once a m118.  The guts of the box are identicle, just the voltage is changed.  That could be an easy fix...

Or you could get the cmc6 bodies serviced by schoeps.

-William

Wes:
If you bought your cmc6 from a U.S. dealer you should be covered for free repair.  But, if you bought it outside the U.S. go ahead and kick yourself in the ass for not spending that extra $50, b/c you have no warranty.  If you did buy out of the US it will probably be much cheaper to send the oade box off and have it stepped up to a 148.

SHKDWN:

--- Quote from: wboswell on July 16, 2003, 03:25:34 PM ---Nate-
why not just send the box to Doug and have him mod it to 48v?  Lots of folks have had this done...

--- End quote ---

That is one way to solve the problem...thanks will.    Anyone know what this would cost?

Does anyone understand  how a cmc6 body functions?  Could the part of the body that does the switching between 12-48 V get locked onto a certain volt or lose the ability to switch?

Anyone want the Roo ABB show....Will has them for sale for $7700....funny stuff.

thanks,
Nate

twoodruff:
nate i think it was around 200-250, but I had alot done at once, new internals put in and so forth, just drop him an email

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version