Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

SLA Question

(1/3) > >>

nickgregory:
So I have two six volt, seven amp hour SLAs that I use one to power my MP-2 (with phantom at 15v), and another to power by D100 and Mod SBM1.  My question is this, I am taping Counting Crows/John Mayer tonight (no grief...I like the crows, Mayer sucks, but my fiance likes him so he will get taped), and if I had to guess, this will be around 3 hours tape time.  Tomorrow night I am going to Clutch/Mastodon and am planning on taping them and if I had to guess, this could be 3-4 hours tape time (there is another opener in addition to Mastodon which I will tape just in case they are solid).  

My problem is that I am not sure I will have enough time to recharge my SLAs between the one show and the other (I dont like leaving them plugged in overnight unless I am awake, so that if they burn up, I can put them out...anal I know).  So based on everyones experience, will I be able to get a full run out of them at both shows without issues?

Thx for any and all replies...

Nick

zhianosatch:
Nick, dude, if you're not sure now, just buy a pack of AAs. Problem solved for a show you need taped.

nickgregory:
yeah, I know I have that option....that is my backup plan...just curious if anyone can speak to the SLA's

rabhan:
just let them charge overnight. just dont use that same brand surge protector that other guy used....

scb:
i think you'll be fine.  the mp2 would be fine for sure, and i think the d100 and sbm would be fine, but i am not positive since i never ran that combo.  but i did run a d8 and d100 split off a 7 amp hour for an easy 2 shows before

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version