Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

powering the "grey box" coax>optical

(1/3) > >>

Lee:
So I sold my grey box to a new taper since I wasn't using it and he doesn't have a way to power it (since I lost the battery pack I built).  

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to build a 6v pack to power the thing?  Specificly, how to get the polarity right?  

He has all the parts ready to go, I just need to tell him which wire (red or black) coming from the AA sled connects to which wire (striped or black) on the adaptaplug thingy, and which way the adaptaplug needs to go into the socket.  

I don't want to tell him to try trial and error because I don't want him to fry the box.  Anyone have one sitting in front of them that they could describe for me?  Mucho +Ts would follow, of course.

zhianosatch:
hey lee, wanna send me those avatar files? you have my email. :)

Lee:

--- Quote from: zhianosatch on September 16, 2003, 03:16:19 PM ---hey lee, wanna send me those avatar files? you have my email. :)

--- End quote ---

They're saved on my laptop which doesn't have internet access at school.  Next time I head home with the lappy, I'll email 'em to ya.

zhianosatch:
K, cool. Then you'd better use the address I just PM'd you with, because I leave this job in a few days!
A

Sean Gallemore:
if you don't mind being shocked, spare a few brains cells instead of ruining the box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version