Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CMC6 cap compatibility  (Read 5464 times)

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CMC6 cap compatibility
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 09:25:27 AM »
and yes.... all of the same caps as well as the active accessories that work with the cmc6 will work with m22/nt222 setup.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 09:50:55 AM »
OK...so here's the next step. How about the MK41V > m222 > NT 222   stuff?

Love the sound of the M222/NT222.  Not sure the MK41Vs are worth the extra cost over the MK41s.

Seems like a lot of questions without much discussion about your situation, goals, etc.  What's your budget?  How much stuff are you willing / able to schlep around?  What do you plan on recording (e.g. amplified rock, unamplified bluegrass, unamplified strings, etc.), in what environments (bars, amphitheatres, performance halls?), from what positions (on-stage, up front, tapers section, studio), and in what general configurations (2-ch, 4-ch, multitrack, etc.)?  What general "sound" do you like?  Are these replacements for the KM140s / U89s / 4022s in your sig, or additions to the stable?

Lots of people make good recordings with Schoeps (or insert X brand here) gear.  Lots of people make poor recordings with Schoeps (or insert X brand here) gear.  The question is:  what's going to be best for your particular situation, budget, goals, etc.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 10:07:27 AM »
The Schoeps MK 41 has a directional pattern that is somewhere between being supercardioid and hypercardioid. When the MK 41 design was introduced...

Really enjoy the wealth of knowledge and history you bring to threads - thanks for posting!

Don't forget the humor either.   ;D
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »
Actually just familiarizing myself with the Planet Schoeps. I picked up a sequentially numbered, mint matched set of MK4/CMC6's this past weekend to add to the arsenal.

I was curious of what was compatible ie: actives, caps, mounts, etc.   I definitely want a set of super cardoid caps...love the 41 sound.

KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com