Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help I'm Stuck (h120?)  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Rleeee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Lets Dance, Sylvia, Dance!
Help I'm Stuck (h120?)
« on: February 11, 2007, 05:31:14 PM »
I'm trying to Rockbox my h120.  My problem is when I get to this step:

"Step 8. Copy or move the modified ihp_100.hex or ihp_120.hex or H300.hex file to the ROOT directory of your jukebox."

I can't figure out how to get to the ROOT directory. The only files that appear when I look at the h120 on my PC are Audio and Voice. Could someone please help?  Thank You.

Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Kind Kables Chameleon > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod)

No Stand:  AT831s > CA Bat 2B Battery Box > Tascam DR-07 

" Poor people need MUISC too! "

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
Re: Help I'm Stuck (h120?)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:26:25 AM »
the ROOT of a drive is the drive itself when you click on it in windows explorer. It's the highest (or lowest depending on your view) point of the file-tree hence called the root ;)

Offline Rleeee

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 08:24:19 AM »
I'm a little slow here.  So all I have to do is move the modified ihp_120.hex file to the drive?  I really don't want to mess this up.  :-[ 
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Kind Kables Chameleon > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod)

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 08:44:27 AM »
yes, just put the patched hex file on the drive and run the iriver firmware updater.
Also unzip the rockbox build onto the drive so that the .rockbox dir and rockbox.iriver file are also in the root
Don't forget to install the fontpack (separate download) and download/read the manual

If something's unclear, come over to the irc channel (rockbox hosts a simple webclient)

Rockbox dualboots so you will still be able to run the original firmware (but who would want that? :) )

Offline Rleeee

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 11:20:04 PM »
Thank You Petur, It Worked.  :yahoo: +T

I had a really tight work schedule this week.  So I wasn't able to get back to this task until this evening. Now I get to spend the weekend going through the manual. 
                                                                         Thanks Again,
                                                                                              Richard

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com