Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New improved microtrack (MT II)  (Read 137848 times)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: New improved microtrack
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2007, 02:35:32 AM »
$400 will buy you a nice pda that pretty much smokes the microtrack as a bit-bucket in almost every respect.

Seamless splits at that price would make it a perfect bit bucket! Assuming, of course, that it is still "bit perfect."

Please elaborate.  Are you talking about the coresound thing?  That needs a PDA plus a plug in card, plus a disk or something to store the data.  There are a lot of failure modes for such a setup.  And it is not sold as a single product either -- you have to (find and) buy a PDA on your own.  I like the "all in one" solutions a lot better.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2007, 02:49:40 AM »
If this thing (A) really has seemless splits (which I'm thinking it will) and (B) doesn't overload with mics, I'll be back on board. Otherwise, I'll keep waiting. I really need a small all in one unit for discreet taping situations. I wouldn't mind using it as a bit bucket for open taping as well (I'm sure my JB3's days are numbered).
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2007, 08:18:35 AM »
Zzounds is showing an expected arrival date of Sept. 10 for more Microtracks. It does not specify that new version, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOMICRO

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2007, 03:00:45 AM »
Zzounds is showing an expected arrival date of Sept. 10 for more Microtracks. It does not specify that new version, though, so take it with a grain of salt.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOMICRO

Likely more of the Original MT model that have been factory refurbished as I would think no new MT1 production models are being produced at this time.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2007, 01:09:07 AM »
used pda = <$200
pdaudio card = $250 w/ activation of software

10x more reliable than the microtrack in my testing, you need to buy media for both the mt and the pda, and sd cards are pretty cheap right now.

6+ hours aon internal battery is huge.

its trivial to set up.

$400 will buy you a nice pda that pretty much smokes the microtrack as a bit-bucket in almost every respect.

Seamless splits at that price would make it a perfect bit bucket! Assuming, of course, that it is still "bit perfect."

Please elaborate.  Are you talking about the coresound thing?  That needs a PDA plus a plug in card, plus a disk or something to store the data.  There are a lot of failure modes for such a setup.  And it is not sold as a single product either -- you have to (find and) buy a PDA on your own.  I like the "all in one" solutions a lot better.

Richard

Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
Re: New improved microtrack (MT2)
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2007, 11:04:27 PM »
UPDATED NEW INFO:

I emailed an authorized M-Audio seller the other day about MTII release date and this is his reply:

HI

Thank you for the e-mail. M-Audio is being tight lipped on this. I spoke to them yesterday and was told late october but that really is vague. My best guess is by winter NAMM in January.

Sincerely,

Steve Itule
AzProAudio

So it is very typical M-Audio postpone the release date (they did it for the MT before). M audio is trying to keep all this a secret.... (hope I'm not annoying them by exposing all their info well before their release date)
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2007, 10:13:05 AM »

What a load of shit on not getting rid of the internal battery!!  Will definitely make me think along the Korg lines now for my next low profile recorder...

:angry3:     :angry2:   :angry3:     :angry2:   :angry3:

Powered via USB, built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery or included power supply

:banging head:

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline bgalizio

• http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »

What a load of shit on not getting rid of the internal battery!!  Will definitely make me think along the Korg lines now for my next low profile recorder...

:angry3:     :angry2:   :angry3:     :angry2:   :angry3:

Powered via USB, built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery or included power supply

From what I understand, the Korg MR-1's internal battery doesn't power the device for very long either. Most, if not all, are using external power for that unit also.

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

:angry3:     :angry2:   :angry3:     :angry2:   :angry3:

From what I understand, the Korg MR-1's internal battery doesn't power the device for very long either. Most, if not all, are using external power for that unit also.

I should have qualified my "not quite as low profile as an mt24/96" comment - I'd be looking at the bigger mr-1000 and I have been looking...

http://www.korg.com/mr/

Dimensions:
  192(W) x 170(D) x 56(H) mm/7.56"(W) x 6.69"(D) x 2.20"(H)

Weight:
  1.0 kg/2.20 lbs. (without batteries)

Power Supply:
  Eight AA batteries (sold separately), Oxyride batteries, charged nickel metal-hydride batteries, or AC Adapter model – (adapter) 500405015300 & (3 prong cable) 600007300/KA310
12V 500mA Center Pin (+);

;D

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:57:26 AM by dactylus »

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »
M-Audio just give us a release date: Monday 22 Oct 2007 (knowing them they might postpone it again)

Here's a closer picture for everyone to see.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2007, 06:52:04 AM »
M-Audio just give us a release date: Monday 22 Oct 2007 (knowing them they might postpone it again)

Here's a closer picture for everyone to see.

Did they list a MSRP?

:)

Offline Widetrack

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Widetrack's MySpace
Re: New improved microtrack (MT II)
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2007, 12:59:25 AM »
Hi, nice to be here - this is my first post in this forum... sorry if it's not the appropriate forum to introduce myself, but I've been following this thread and I am very much looking forward to checking out the new Microtrack II when it finally comes out... Just wish they solved this battery issue; it would indeed make this unit the undisputed leader of its kind in its price range. Anybody that's going to get this unit got any ideas how they're going to do to overcome this?

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2007, 01:02:43 AM »
Hi, nice to be here - this is my first post in this forum... sorry if it's not the appropriate forum to introduce myself, but I've been following this thread and I am very much looking forward to checking out the new Microtrack II when it finally comes out... Just wish they solved this battery issue; it would indeed make this unit the undisputed leader of its kind in its price range. Anybody that's going to get this unit got any ideas how they're going to do to overcome this?

Bienvenue (welcome). +T for your first post.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2007, 03:26:38 AM »

If past experience with powering MT1 is any indication of what to expect with MT2, then suggest considering information in this post/thread as likely to give some MT powering issue relief:  http://taperssection.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=dc5cb19c3eae03a2a98a47d2a8b6b290&topic=85254.msg1154218#msg1154218
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2007, 08:19:10 AM »

welcome
i use a 4AA battery pack i got for $5
with the battery pack and the internal charged before each show i can get 4 shows easy
i never went over 4 shows just to be safe

other use a "iPod" external battery pack
others use a dvd battery with vr box (i do too when using my ua-5 at the same time)
there are lots of ways to run i, don;t let that be a issue to rather you buy one or not
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com