Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lectrosonics SPDR Stereo Dig Recorder  (Read 28747 times)

Offline dogmusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Lectrosonics SPDR Stereo Dig Recorder
« on: September 11, 2018, 12:08:25 PM »
Does 24/96. About 4" x 2.5 " in size.

https://www.lectrosonics.com/US/SPDR-Stereo-Personal-Digital-Recorder/product.html

Expensive but very pocketable.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Lectrosonics SPDR Stereo Dig Recorder
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:30 PM »
Looks like this can do analog or digital stereo inputs, which is awesome.  MSRP is $1,495.  We need more small recorders with digital inputs, but that's quite a price tag.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:56 PM »
DESCRIPTION  SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIFICATIONS

Recording   
Storage media:   MicroSD (HC type)
File format:   .wav files (BWF) iXML metadata
A/D converter:   24-bit
Sampling rate:   48 kHz or 96 kHz
Recording modes/Bit rate:   
Input   
Type:   
Analog mic/line level compatible; servo bias preamp for 2V and 4V lavaliere microphones
Input 1 is switchable to AES3 two channel digital.
Input level:   
Dynamic mic: 0.5 mV to 50 mV
Electret mic: Nominal 2 mV to 300 mV
Line level: 17 mV to 1.7 V
Input connector:   TA5M 5-pin male
Headphone Output   
Connector:   3.5 mm mini jack; TRS
Maximum level:   -3 dBu (575 mV RMS)
Audio Performance   
Frequency response:   20 Hz to 20 kHz; +0.5/-1.5 dB
Dynamic range:   110 dB (A), before limiting
Distortion:   < 0.035%
Time Code   
Connector:   5-pin LEMO
Signal voltage:   0.5V p-p to 5V p-p
Input impedance:   10 k Ohms
Format:   SMPTE 12M – 1999 compliant
Battery Power/Life   
Battery type:   AA Lithium non-rechargeable (recommended)
Battery life:   20 hours typical at 48kHz sample rate(AA Lithium)
External Power:   
Input voltage:   6-17 VDC
Input current:   75 mA max @ 12 VDC (96 kHz recording)
Connector:   2.5mm coaxial connector, center pin positive
Operating Temperature Range   
Celsius:   -20 to 50
Fahrenheit:   -4 to 122
Dimensions and Weight   
Dimensions:   Inches: 3.9 H x 2.38 W x .82D
Millimeters:   99.06 H x 60.45 W x 20.83 D
Weight:   5.7 ozs. (162 grams) w/ AA lithium batteries (without belt clip)
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:08:46 PM by flintstone »

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »

Adding digital input and timecode adds quite a lot to the cost of a recorder. This looks like it's aimed at film and/or TV recordists.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »
Would really dig it if they'd offer a similar sized version capable of recording 6 to 8 channels.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline pohaku

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
Would really dig it if they'd offer a similar sized version capable of recording 6 to 8 channels.

Price would probably be scaled to match.  They make first class gear, but it is priced accordingly for the pro market.
Mics: akg c460 (ck61, ck63), c414buls, c568eb; at4049a, 4051a, 4053a, at853; josephson c42; neumann U87, km84i; beyer m130, m160, m500; aea r84; gefell m71, mt711s, m200, m201, um70S; sony c38; schoeps cmc6, CMBI (mk4, mk21, mk41, mk4v); sennheiser mkh30, mkh40, md421, md431, md541; audix m1290
Pres: API, a-designs, pendulum, purple, millennia TD-1 and HV-32P, gt, littlebox, tinybox, usbpre2, CA 9200, pipsqueak, grace V2, DAV BG1
Cables: KCY, CMR, Naiant AKG actives, PFAs, asst.  GAKables and Darktrain
Recorders/converters/monitors: dr680, m10, dr-2d, d50, zoom f8 & F8n pro, 788T SSD CL-8, lynx aurora 8, Neumann KH20

Yeah, I'm an attorney, but everyone needs a day job

Offline tim_k

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 01:40:10 AM »
I work in film, so maybe this is more exciting to me than most, but this is a dream machine. To get 2 channels of Lectrosonic quality with timecode for $1200 is amazing. I'll report back once I've recorded some shows with it.

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »
They make first class gear[..] priced accordingly for the pro market.

Lectrosonic quality

Yes indeed.

Interested to hear your thoughts after using it Tim.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 10:24:19 AM »
I work in film, so maybe this is more exciting to me than most, but this is a dream machine. To get 2 channels of Lectrosonic quality with timecode for $1200 is amazing. I'll report back once I've recorded some shows with it.

How would you say Lectrosonic quality of their preamps compares to Sound Devices?

Offline tim_k

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »

How would you say Lectrosonic quality of their preamps compares to Sound Devices?
[/quote]
I would say they are quite comparable. There is a reason Lectrosonics dominates the wireless market, I'd guess the majority of the dialog audio you hear in movies and TV comes through Lectrosonics wireless, lav and boom, and this point. I say dialog because that's my main area of work, I haven't recorded live music with my wireless before, which is part of the reason I'm excited for this, but also I'm excited so I can have high quality recordings of nature ambience when I go backpacking.  I expect this to be similar to my wireless, transparent, low noise, and great dynamic range. Some things I like are that it will be difficult to accidentally stop recording, the safety track mode, and it's minimalism.

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 03:35:53 PM »
I'm excited so I can have high quality recordings of nature ambience when I go backpacking.  I expect this to be similar to my wireless, transparent, low noise, and great dynamic range. Some things I like are that it will be difficult to accidentally stop recording, the safety track mode, and it's minimalism.

I would want it for field recordings as well, not so much for music. In your line of work, I imagine a lot of people would be using SD recorders for dialog as well. Are they considered to be on a par with Lectrosonics in your industry?

Offline Ronmac

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »
This with a stereo pair of DPA 4060 will make a killer rig for plants, ambiance and stealth music gigs.

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »
This with five or seven DPA 4060 will make a killer rig stealth music gigs.

FTFY  ;)

..still dreamin'

Offline junkyardt

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
i'm not actually interested in this at all as i recently got a mixpre-6, but i am genuinely curious (not criticizing) -- how would the lack of XLR, 1/4" or 1/8" inputs translate to what we do? the sole input being TA5M 5-pin? maybe i'm just naive, but that seems like a hindrance for concert taping. i'm actually completely unfamiliar with that type of connector as none of my gear has ever had that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com