Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie...2 Zoom H2 questions.  (Read 2019 times)

Offline pjonesnc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Newbie...2 Zoom H2 questions.
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
Hi all!
I bought a Zoom H2 on Craigslist, and I have a few issues that may or may not be fixable. I'm hoping someone can help me!

1. When listening to recorded files, the mic is still active, so I can hear all the background noise in addition to the file I'm listening to. I feel like this might be because of one of the settings it's on, but I've scoured the manual, monitor is set to off, and it still does it. Is there a way to shut off the mics when listening to file playback with earbuds?

2. Fast forward/rewind don't function like they normally would with any other player. It doesn't move quickly in either direction...ever. Sometimes, I hold down the fast forward button and the counter moves, but when I hit play, it hasn't moved at all. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your input..I've looked everywhere online to find an answer to these two issues, but came up with nothing!

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Newbie...2 Zoom H2 questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »
I no longer own the H2, so I can't test, but from my memory, the Monitor setting of "off" should prevent the mics from being active during playback!? I might have that totally backwards, it might refer to audio playing or not playing back during recording?!

You should probably make sure you have the most up-to-date firmware on the beast. Make sure to use a NON-HC SD card for the updates, and plug the machine into wall power when you do it. http://www.zoom.co.jp/downloads/h2/software/

As for the FF/REW controls, it goes REALLY SLOW on that machine, I would put it in pause mode during playback then hold FF or REW down for a REALLY long time & it will speed up and move you through the file.

Anyone with an H2 handy that can help this new team member?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com