Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Music for a video  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Bazza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Music for a video
« on: May 31, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
Hello,
I'm going to be making a video for my son's baseball team, where can you get good music for a video? I would like some music without someone singing.
Thanks,
Barry

Offline gearscout

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Music for a video
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 06:46:36 AM »
Barry,

There are some important qualifiers in your question.

Not everyone would agree around here about "good music!"

But let's say you want to get an instrumental version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."  It's as simple as using a search engine to plug in the name of the song + instrumental.

There are dozens of choices, from free MIDI files to orchestrated versions being sold for a couple dollars for private use.  I'm sure iTunes has something and you can hear a sample first.  You might try signing up for a trial of eMusic and use your 50 free downloads to search out a suitable instrumental piece.

Organ music and brass bands are typically what have been the backdrop of baseball.

Hope that gives you some ideas -- but what's "good?"  Well, you'll have to decide.  ;-)

Edit:  One tip: Set your camera's audio to 48kHz/16-bit and make sure that if you "rip" this music you match those settings. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:50:54 AM by gearscout »

Offline wilsonedits

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Music for a video
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »
you also might focus on getting good natural sound for the piece as well... the noise of the crowd yelling or bat hitting a ball... will break up the munotiny (sp) of just having a music track on there
P2 yo

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com