Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What camcorder to get around $350?  (Read 2147 times)

Offline yuppicide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
What camcorder to get around $350?
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »
Currently I record with my Girlfriends old Sony digital camcorder. Sound comes out perfect no matter where we stand, but video is a bit dark.

I originally had my mind on a JVC Everio flash model. I saw someone on YouTube who shot some footage and I liked it. She replied back to me that she's happy with the camera.

Hers is a 2010 model, but I thought I'd look at a 2011 model and settled on the JVC GZ-HM650 because of it's Super LoLux backlit CMOS censor.

I am not too concerned that it does not have a mic input, because if I need to fall back on my digital camera for sound I will.

My real concern is that JVC says the battery is up to 90 minutes, but reviewers say the battery life is under an hour and I don't see an extended capacity for sale online. My current camera I can record around 1 hour 15 minutes before the low light comes on, so I'd like to be able to record at least that amount.

If I could find a battery I'd buy the JVC already.

Any suggestions for a different model or brand?

- Price range $350 or less.

- Needs to work in super low light like the JVC would. I will ONLY use this to shoot musicians.

- Would like it to be flash memory or hard drive. Want to get files into my computer easily.

- Mic input would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

- Battery needs to last at least 1 hour 15 minutes. I don't want to switch batteries during a performance. I want one video shot.

Offline shoestringconcerts

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
Re: What camcorder to get around $350?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »
image stabilization should be a consideration too

i would recommend spending a few more bucks and getting a sony Hx9v or Canon SX40
Tascam dr2d - Tascam Dr60
Video: Canon M50/M500 (5)
Panasonic LX7 (2) - Sony EOS-M (2)
Sony HC1 - Panasonic SD600 - Sanyo FH1
www.shoestringconcerts.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.147 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com