Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anbody willing to Transfer master MD's - see list  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Redrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anbody willing to Transfer master MD's - see list
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
I've got a bunch of shows I recorded with a Sony MD MZ-55 - CS Stealthy Mics + bass box. I don't have a digital way to transfer and don't want to use the 1/8 analog jack on the MD nor invest any more in this defunct media (I just bought a Sony MZ M-100 thinking I could transfer these to Wav using the USB connect but it won't retro to the standard MD. Back on e-bay that goes).

Anyone interested in converting these for me? Of course you can copy for yourself and share with anone you want. Thanks.

P.S. I now have a SONY PCM M-10 and look forward to never having to deal with MD's again.

Band    Venue   City   State   Date   # discs
Ben Harper & Innocent Criminals   Deer Valley   Park City   UT   8/18/2000   2
BigHeadTodd & the Monsters   Salt Lake Plaza   Salt Lake City   UT   9/1/2000   1
BigHeadTodd & the Monsters   ?   SLC   UT   ?   2
Blues Traveler   Harry O's   Park City   UT   11/21/2002   2
Blues Traveler   Galivan Center   Salt Lake City   UT   7/6/2004   2
Cinnamon Brown & the Eskimos   HogWallow   SLC   UT   6/30/2001   2
Counting Crows   Hartford Ampitheater   Hartford   CT   8/23/2000   1
Elbo Fin   Liquid Joes   Salt Lake City   UT   6/22/2001   2
Fat Paw   Hogwallow   Salt Lake City   UT   6/1/2001   2
Foo Fighters   E-Center   West Valley   UT   5/31/2000   1
Galactic AllStar Jam   Rolling Summer   Hunstville   UT   8/24/2004   1
Incubus   E-Center   West Valley   UT   10/5/2002   2
John Hiatt   Red Butte Gardens   Salt Lake City   UT   6/29/2002   2
John Hiatt   ?   Park City   UT   ?   1
John Hiatt   Red Butte Gardens   Salt Lake City   UT      2
LIVE   Camden   England   UK   6/30/1999   2
LIVE   Camden   England   UK   7/1/1999   1
LIVE   House of Blues   Las Vegas   NV   10/24/1999   2
LIVE   Hartford Ampitheater   Hartford   CT   8/23/2000   2
Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real   The State Room   Salt Lake City   UT   4/9/2012   2
Red Hot Chili Peppers   E-Center   West Valley   UT   5/31/2000   2
The Given   Galivan Center   Salt Lake City   UT   6/2/2000   1
The Given   HogWallow   Salt Lake City   UT   5/25/2001   2
Young Dubliners   Zephyr Club   Salt Lake City   UT   ?   1
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:49:27 AM by Redrock »
2015 Shows: Southern Soul Assembly, Ed Kowalczyk, NMO, Lukas Nelson, Los Lonely Boys, Chris Isaak, Ben Harper, Mark Knoplfer, Carbon Leaf. . .

Offline pjp

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Anbody willing to Transfer master MD's - see list
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »
I have a Sony standalone unit and would love to hear the +Live+ stuff, and would be willing to do others as well. Will send a PM.
Schoeps MK4 > Tinybox v2 / Nbox > Edirol R-44 / R-09hr

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »
I could do high quality analog transfers if needed.  I'd really like to check out that Fat Paw set......  you got any more from them?  One of my favorites from that time period....  Tim Wray is good stuff!!!

Ben Harper
Blues Traveler
Blues Traveler
Fat Paw
Foo Fighters
Galactic
Red Hot Chili Peppers

.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
I was going to offer to take the Blues Traveler shows but I have no way to transfer them at present. If uncleyug can put 'em up, then awesome.
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Redrock

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
I'd really like to check out that Fat Paw set......  you got any more from them?  One of my favorites from that time period....  Tim Wray is good stuff!!!

I've seen Fat Paw several times but unfortunately that's my only recording. It's acoustic and really good (if I recall correctly). Once I get them transferred I hope to post them up somewhere or would be happy to copy or hook you up somehow at some point. Same with pjp.

Looks like I do have a generous offer from one of the members to get the MD's transfered but if it falls through, I may still be in the market for some transfer help. Thanks for everyone's interest.
2015 Shows: Southern Soul Assembly, Ed Kowalczyk, NMO, Lukas Nelson, Los Lonely Boys, Chris Isaak, Ben Harper, Mark Knoplfer, Carbon Leaf. . .

Offline twalker

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Man, this sucks!  My minidisc player died on me last week and I don't have a way to transfer right now.  I would have enjoyed transferring the Ben Harper, John Hiatt, Galactic and the Young Dubliners.  If I can get my minidisc up and running I'll shoot you a message.
Classical rig - Mics:  DPA 4006, MH ULN2, Marantz PMD 671, Mac Book Pro

Small rig (under construction) - Neumann 184, PSP, Sony PCM D50

Playback - EAR 534, Spendor 3/5, LAT Axiom

Transfer - Mac mini, Bias Peak XT, MH ULN, Focal monitors

Offline eichhornmaurice

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
Always willing and more than interested in converting these MD's.
I do have the Sony MZ R50, Sony MZ R70 and the AIWA AM F72.
I use (and used)  the small MZ R70 when I am taping.
Let me know if we ca nmake an agreement so I can convert them, and share them in the +LIVE+ source project.

:D  BERLINONE   :D

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
Good lord, am I one of two people who can do optical MD transfers in this thread...

I picked up a Sony JE500 off of ebay a couple years ago for $50. I found that was the toughest part of the transfer; finding an MD player with an optical out. After that you can use your macbook optical in, a Sony D-50, a usbpre2 (bit perfect, I asked SD), all sorts of equipment to feed to a recorder.

So if you don't want to farm out your masters, you might look on ebay for a JE500, JE510 (as pjp has) or one of the other 500 series. Those are the cheapest ones if I remember correctly.

edit:
sent a PM to uncleyug & greenone about getting my MD unit into their hands as I'm not in a position to spend time doing transfers.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:11:19 PM by page »
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline yousef

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
Good lord, am I one of two people who can do optical MD transfers in this thread...

If you're really struggling, I'll put my name in the hat... I'm in the UK though so it depends how happy you are to send your masters through the international mail.

It would literally just be the transfer though - I really wouldn't want to get involved with processing and tracking.
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

Offline brianblank

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »
I can help out too, I have a Sony MDS-JB980 that I feed into a M-Audio Transit (Optical>USB) to get MDs onto my laptop.

I am VERY interested in the Live shows, I was at both of the London shows and would love to hear them again :) Let me know how I can help transfer and seed these shows (I typically seed on DIME)

Brian

Recorder: iRiver H120 (Rockboxed) >
Mics: DPA 4060 > CA Ugly | Backup Mics: Core Sound LC Binaurals w/ Low Sensitivity

Offline robotaper

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Coming back!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
I can help out too, I have a Sony MDS-JB980 that I feed into a M-Audio Transit (Optical>USB) to get MDs onto my laptop.

I am VERY interested in the Live shows, I was at both of the London shows and would love to hear them again :) Let me know how I can help transfer and seed these shows (I typically seed on DIME)

Brian

I've got the JB 940 with the M-Audio Box as well.  I'd be willing to help with Big Head Todd, Ben Harper, and John Hiatt.
On the Live Music Archive:  http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Rob+O%27Brien%22

Stuff:
Rig:  KA200n + KA500HN >MBHO 603a > Sound Devices Mix Pre-6 MKII

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »

I've been meaning to get a home deck for years...  but have been holding out for a "Type S" model (which that JB980 above has) since I do have a small number of MDLP discs to transfer too.  The "Type S" decks have a better "chip" designed for MDLP playback.
But yeah....  I have some 10 year old MD masters sittin around that I need to deal with.  As much a I love the minidisc....  I sure am glad it's in the past for field recording.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline Redrock

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 11:24:08 AM »
Thanks again for the interest. My MD's are currenlty being transfered by one of the members here.

@page: I watched several MD home units with optical on Ebay but they ended up closing well over $100. no thanks. I did buy the MZ M100 thinking I could record on HI-MD and also use it to transfer my MDs using USB but it does not retro to the older standard discs. Only works on HI-MD. Back on Ebay it goes and then I started this thread.

@brianblank: I can send you a data DVD of the LIVE shows when I get them back. I saw LIVE 10 times prior to 2000. They used to be one of my favs. I'll send you a PM.

If anybody else want's copies of anything let me know. Thanks again for the interest and space.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com