Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mix-Pre 3/6 USB Batteries (what works and what doesn't)  (Read 67607 times)

Offline morst

• Trade Unionist
  • (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mix-Pre 3/6 USB Batteries (what works and what doesn't)
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2021, 05:04:21 PM »
New Anker power unit and cable worked to power 4 phantom channels.  Tried new Anker cable on old Ravpower did not work.  Tried 2 old generic USB-C cables on new Anker and it worked.  So the Ravpower unit I have does not have enough power for 4 phantom channels.

I have a RAVPower RP-PB043 (20100mAh/74.3Wh - Type-C Output DC 5V 3A Max). It will only provide phantom power for 2 mics.
Very interesting that this RAVpower won't power four Kashmir preamps.
It appears from the marketing blurb that this does not have "PD" listed but it's doing a lot of power management stuff on the other ports.
Our use case in this avocation is often different from the expected, and here I would say the lesson appears that "PD" packs are going to be more likely to work reliably than those with other whistles and bells.

Personally my Anker Powercore+20100 purchased may 2018 is still holding tough.
Takes ten hours to charge via USB-C and then will run the machine for about ten hours with all preamps hot.
Takes incredibly long to charge if you don't have a USB-C charger though!

RAVPower RP-PB043 Overview

The 20,100mAh Turbo Portable Battery Pack from RAVPower features three USB ports for charging: one iSmart 3.0 USB Type-A port, one USB Type-A port with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology, and a USB Type-C port. With Quick Charge 3.0, you'll be able to charge your compatible devices faster and spend less time waiting around. Its USB Type-C output is powerful enough to charge a MacBook while simultaneously transferring data to your mobile phone via the iSmart 3.0 USB port, which offers smart voltage and current distribution, and data transfer for extra functionality. The Turbo battery pack also has built-in overcharge, high-temperature, and short-circuit protection.

Offline checht

• (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Old and in the Way
« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
Personally my Anker Powercore+20100 purchased may 2018 is still holding tough.
Takes ten hours to charge via USB-C and then will run the machine for about ten hours with all preamps hot.
Takes incredibly long to charge if you don't have a USB-C charger though!

My Anker batt of similar vintage seems to have lost 3-5% of capacity.
What wattage is your charger? Picked up a RAV 90w Ga charger for macbook pro, and halved charge time for my batt.
Schoeps MK41s > nbob KCY >
Naiant PFA 60v > Sound Devices MP-6 II  or  Naiant IPA > Roland R-07
Recordings at LMA: https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Chris+Hecht%22&sort=-date

Offline morst

• Trade Unionist
  • (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #257 on: September 04, 2021, 07:35:44 PM »
My Anker batt of similar vintage seems to have lost 3-5% of capacity.
What wattage is your charger? Picked up a RAV 90w Ga charger for macbook pro, and halved charge time for my batt.
I just recently got a large multi-port charging "brick" which has USB-C so I will tell you about that, but the charger I usually use for the portable pack is a single USB-A + single USB-C made by RavPower, the "RavPower 24W 2-Port Wall charger with USB-C" model number RP-PC027.

The larger one has a new job, charging an android phone via spare drive enclosure cables, it's an Anker PowerPort I PD with 1 PD and 4 PIQ. Sorry about the filth but it was cheap on ebay! Model A-2056

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2021 Taperssection.com