Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roland R-07, Part 2  (Read 43803 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: Roland R-07, Part 2
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 05:18:07 AM »
can you tell which of these is the R07?

one is DPA 4011> microdot actives > mic in to R07 using its own PIP

the other is 4011>microdot actives>d:vice> iphone

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QpQ8eB8FgNdGpOk8W-x3b_HIq4TgGt7A

sound levels approached 130 dB by my estimation
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:27:20 AM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline Niels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Printing rubbing off on your R-07?
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »
I notice the printing is already rubbing off on the front on my R-07 (MENU, MARK etc are almost gone) - which I bought in October last year.
I've babied it and everything else looks pristine, so it bothers me a bit.
Anyone with the same experience?
Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RØDE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 06:49:04 PM »
yup, worn almost instantly on mine
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Printing rubbing off on your R-07?
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »

I notice the printing is already rubbing off on the front on my R-07 (MENU, MARK etc are almost gone) - which I bought in October last year.
I've babied it and everything else looks pristine, so it bothers me a bit.
Anyone with the same experience?
yup, worn almost instantly on mine
Thanks for the heads up.
It bothered me enough to return it to the shop yesterday, to have it fixed under warranty. Roland will probably just replace the front panel and the problem will show up again, we'll see.
Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RØDE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2019, 12:32:24 PM »
Maybe some clear paint or nail polish would do the trick

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2019, 04:56:16 AM »
Will low battery cause “SD Card Slow” to flash on the screen? (I’ve only seen it flash once while battery low was also flashing).
I’m using Sandisk Ultra 32GB card, there’s only about 6 hours on the card recorded at 24/96, so there’s about 9 hours of recording space left on the card, however I’ve just seen it flash “SD card slow” which I’ve never seen before.
I had planned to record 2 more 3 hour shows onto the card this week, so definitely do not want to be using the card if it’s going to somehow fail.
The battery is getting pretty low, would that cause “SD Card slow” to flash up?, or is it probably more of a real problem with the card or recorder?
I’m wanting to record a show in 24 hours so hope to get an answer soon!
Recording onto Sandisk Ultra 32GB card in 24/96, don’t know if that in combination with low battery is the cause?
Thank-You
UPDATE - put new batteries in and saw “SD card slow again”, not sure why, only 10GB written to 32GB card and haven’t had a problem until now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:05:54 AM by taper2019 »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2019, 07:35:22 AM »
ive only seen that with old cards

my guess is card is old/slow/fake

or that its failing

i have had good luck with these in all my devices, one of the faster modern cards

a bargain at $7. used to pay that for a single DAT tape!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWJM2FV

i had good luck with mine but there are a lot of sellers, and lots of fakes out there. maybe look to adorama or b&h to make sure they are genuine

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »

or that its failing

i have had good luck with these in all my devices, one of the faster modern cards

i had good luck with mine but there are a lot of sellers, and lots of fakes out there. maybe look to adorama or b&h to make sure they are genuine
I only purchased it a few weeks ago, in store from a very well known commercial music / electronics supplier that would not be selling fake stuff.
Oddly when I put in the 2nd DIFFERENT card I purchased at the same time the first 30second file I recorded said “Improper Song” when I went to play it.
NOTE that both of these cards have previously had at least 12 hours total of files on them without any problems...
Put new batteries in and just recorded 3 hours non stop without any problems... So really odd 2 cards had an issue one after the other.
Maybe it really was the low battery?, but then again that doesn’t explain why when I replaced the batteries the first card just after it started recording with new batteries said “SD card slow”.
**I’m thinking it’s probably fragmented, I’ve been deleting bits and pieces here and there... I’ll delete everything and format the card and hopefully will be OK for the important show tonight.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:04:47 PM by taper2019 »

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »
Some people myself included ALWAYS format in the deck it will be used in and use fresh cards every time seems like a minor inconvenience compared to the horrible scenario of a recording being compromised.
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2019, 03:44:17 AM »

or that its failing

I only purchased it a few weeks ago, in store from a very well known commercial music / electronics supplier that would not be selling fake stuff.
Oddly when I put in the 2nd DIFFERENT card I purchased at the same time

"at the same time" concerns me. you'd be surprised the number of ways fake gear can work their way into legit supply chains

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2019, 05:08:46 AM »

**I’m thinking it’s probably fragmented, I’ve been deleting bits and pieces here and there... I’ll delete everything and format the card and hopefully will be OK for the important show tonight.

there are benchmarking utilities you can use to test sequential and random read rates

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
Some people myself included ALWAYS format in the deck it will be used in and use fresh cards every time seems like a minor inconvenience compared to the horrible scenario of a recording being compromised.

FWIW, I just leave the darn card in my M10 forever and reformat after every show.  So far, so good.   

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »
^
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline taper2019

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »
No problems recording 3 hours last night so seems whatever the issue was new batteries and formatting card fixed it.
I have 2 more nights to record so I’m going to completely avoid deleting anything before I’ve recorded the next 2 shows...

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2019, 03:44:36 AM »
in absence of deleting anything, id imagine filling a formatted card front to back should be seamless

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com