Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What to do what to do  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: What to do what to do
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2020, 12:17:51 AM »
I also own the F8.  Its a good solid machine, but a little noiser than the 680.  I'm not wild about Zoom Products, but the F8 is at the top of the food chain.  It is powered by internals and depending on how many channels, sound checks, and the like, you may be able to get a full long show in.  I use any 12v power brick.  The input is a type M barrel connection. 

I got custom input cords made with a 90 degree bend on the inputs. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline IronFilm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Sound Recordist for Film/TV in New Zealand
    • IronFilm
Re: What to do what to do
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2021, 12:19:05 AM »
^ I can only recall a single user reporting SD card failures with the MixPres in real-world use (morst). As there are tons of users, with lots of different cards, I am not so sure this is really a concern. Of course, any card can fail in any machine at any time, so redundant cards are a definite plus, but, at least on an anecdotal level, this hasn't been much of a problem...

There has been more than one, and in general with Sound Devices gear in general (not just MP series) they do seem to be a hell of a lot more picky about the media they use than the Zoom F Series is for instance.

I also own the F8.  Its a good solid machine, but a little noiser than the 680.  I'm not wild about Zoom Products, but the F8 is at the top of the food chain.  It is powered by internals and depending on how many channels, sound checks, and the like, you may be able to get a full long show in.  I use any 12v power brick.  The input is a type M barrel connection. 

No way! The Zoom F8 has substantially quieter preamps than the DR680, and I've got both machines as well.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com