Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Hooke Lav  (Read 4525 times)

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
Re: Hooke Lav
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 09:59:47 AM »
You can read the backers' comments on Kickstarter, around 50-70 pissed off people who've been waiting for a while for something that's not going to happen.  It appears Anthony has sold the Codec and it's not clear the buyer wants to make anything like the Hooke Lav.  But apparently doesn't want the codec around in another product to compete with whatever he does want to make (or not make).  I'm waiting to hear what products, if any, will finally be available.  Also for my refund, no date given for when that will be processed.

Jeff

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 11:47:39 AM »
You can read the backers' comments on Kickstarter, around 50-70 pissed off people who've been waiting for a while for something that's not going to happen.  It appears Anthony has sold the Codec and it's not clear the buyer wants to make anything like the Hooke Lav.  But apparently doesn't want the codec around in another product to compete with whatever he does want to make (or not make).  I'm waiting to hear what products, if any, will finally be available.  Also for my refund, no date given for when that will be processed.

Jeff

anything less than (relatively) immediate is concerning
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
Just got an email from Kickstarter that the refund was made.  Hasn't hit my credit card account yet, but I think I'm not out any money on this, at least.

Offline Ozpeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 05:54:44 PM »
I guess one factor at the moment with all such projects is the worldwide chip shortage, which might well cause delays and cashflow problems for small companies that don't have much leverage with the chip makers.  Wyze are having significant problems at present, for instance.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 07:21:34 PM »
That wasn't mentioned as a problem here, he was just bought out by folks who don't seem to want this product built.  It was mentioned in September in the project FAQ that the reason delivery was scheduled so far out (April) was a delivery wait of 23 weeks on some parts, I wonder what he'll do with those now, if he ever ordered them.  I have had other crowd funding projects delayed by a month or two for this reason.  Maybe we'll learn more when he gives a promised update with more details of what if anything to expect in new design.

Offline hagstrom71

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »
Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't notice the kickstarter email.  This is nothing new for Anthony, the earlier Hooke Verse was delayed many many months.
Maybe he was trying to sell the tech back then and eventually just had to make the product.  Regret falling for it a second time. Will keep eye out for refund.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:31:00 PM by hagstrom71 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com