Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recorders with timecode and external sync (wordclock/genlock/spdif)?  (Read 6708 times)

Offline IronFilm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Sound Recordist for Film/TV in New Zealand
    • IronFilm
Re: Recorders with timecode and external sync (wordclock/genlock/spidf)?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 12:12:26 AM »
So... given all that, and what I've learned in this thread and researched further... I just pulled the trigger on a MixPre 10 II... wish me luck! Key is that it can clock sync just to LTC, just like the HD-P2 and old MOTU interfaces. Also, while the manual is pretty scant, it looks like you should be able to input TC through the AUX jack and still sync to WC on the BNC. Now... someone stop me from ordering a spidf > WC extractor for $175.

The Zoom F8n/F8 is meant to be clocked synced when paired up with another external source (another F8n/F8).

Offline IronFilm

• Taperssection Regular
  • Sound Recordist for Film/TV in New Zealand
    • IronFilm
Re: Recorders with timecode and external sync (wordclock/genlock/spdif)?
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 12:16:18 AM »
I'm not privy to SD's pricing plan, but a $75 rise seems commendable if SD can't get AKM parts. I seem to recall the 10II initially priced at $1399, then $1450, now $1525 since introduction. Maybe they stocked up on parts, or maybe they just become unavailable at any price.

How about the Sound Devices 888 going from sub $7K to now just shy of $8K!! :-/ :-(

Offline wildbill

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Recorders with timecode and external sync (wordclock/genlock/spdif)?
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 05:20:02 PM »
If you have a camera with Timecode & Genlock input, you can make the recorder (in my case a Mixpre10-II) the master and feed Timecode Out to a UltraSync One (Master).  On the camera side, a Slave UltraSync One can provide both Timecode and Genlock to the camera.  I use this setup and it works great - no drift with 1hr+ long continuous recordings. Very compact and low cost solution (assuming you need Timecode sent to multiple cameras anyway).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com