Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Micro Cassette professional digitization - only by dictaphones ?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline tbger

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Micro Cassette professional digitization - only by dictaphones ?
« on: December 31, 2020, 05:29:15 AM »
Hi,

I was just wondering if there's any better way to transfer these cassettes rather than going out of a 1/8 inch of a dictaphone or similar.  I'm asking because I guess people around here should know the virtually best way of doing that, and I was assuming there should be something that professionals use for conversions.  This is actually for a business I'm trying to start, not for personal use.

Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to your advice.

Roy
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 02:48:12 PM by tbger »

Offline mnm207

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • website
Re: Transferring Micro Cassettes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »
Roy, I had a handful of family recordings on micro cassettes that I transferred this past summer by simply running the output from a decent handheld micro cassette recorder (bought on Ebay for this purpose) to the line in on an M10. These weren't music recordings or even particularly high quality to begin with, so absolute fidelity wasn't the goal--just digitization. Certainly quick n' dirty rather than proper, but enough for my needs.
// Sony ECM-MS5 | Naiant XX | LOM Usi & mikroUsi | Ambient ATM216 // Shure FP24 // Sound Devices Mixpre-3 | Sony PCM-D100 | Sony PCM-M10

Offline tbger

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Transferring Micro Cassettes
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 02:39:37 PM »
Thank you for your input, mnm207.   I actually need it for a business I'm trying to start, this is why I wanted to find out what the best possibility is.  For personal use I'd definitely go for a dictation recorder as well, though.

I heard about a few micro cassette decks (specifically a Sanyo), but they're rather hard to find and are very old.  I was just wondering if there's anything newer for professional / industrial use, as the Micro-Cassete format is still in use these days.

https://www.just-cassette.com/post/sanyo-rd-xm1-microcassette-deck

Offline Gil

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Micro Cassette professional digitization - only by dictaphones ?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 03:02:27 PM »
We use Olympus Pearlcorder T2020 at work (media preservation). Headphone out to RCA into Orion32s or Mytek8x192s. They can play micro and minicassettes.
"Let's go do some crimes."

"To his mind, an opportunity to insult a successful ape came from the hand of Providence."

Teac ME-80(cards & omnis), AT943(hypers)>Tascam DR-2d

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com